PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Actually thought Harris was reasonable and polite , but startling that he didn’t understand the concept of a settlement.
I am certain he does, and I am also certain he knows the way the third member of the CAS panel was perfectly normal.

There is very little evidence, even after CAS, for any of the claims, so much of it has to rely on innuendo, or "no smoke without fire". That's difficult to back up, and when pressed on the third CAS member by Stefan, he claimed that he was making no inference whatsoever about it, which is disingenuous at best. Why make such a fuss, and put so much focus on an issue, if it means nothing.

To be fair to him, without asking people to make those leaps from something smelling fishy, to something being proved, is pretty much impossible without a lot of "nudge, nudge, wink. wink". A lot of investigative journalism involves that leap, but a lot of bullshit does as well.

He did seem to be of the opinion that unless there is some smoking gun, or new witness, that we're all unaware of, then the PL are going to struggle. From all the leaks we've had recently, that's looking unlikely.

What's wrong with company A agreeing to sponsor company B for X about of pounds ?

It doesn't matter. If the PL are opening up the fair value of contracts from 10-15 years ago, I will eat Stefan's hat.

It's just the difference between what some no-marks think they want to happen, and what a cold, hard look at the situation tells you is way more likely to happen.

Thanks Stefan. That doesn’t seem like one to worry about then. You came across brilliantly. Well done.
Why? Post CAS means it wasn't considered by CAS so it is one potentially to worry about if it contains anything new / material

What's wrong with company A agreeing to sponsor company B for X about of pounds ?

It's becomes a problem when Company B then signs a contract to always fully disclose how much sponsorship income they get every year under threat of being punished if they don't.

That was a good listen. Harris was decent enough, never had much other than an email to throw at us and general suspicions of wrong doings. I would guess that etihad are pretty pleased with any sponsorship deals they have made with city.

Why? Post CAS means it wasn't considered by CAS so it is one potentially to worry about if it contains anything new / material

That emails falls down the same way any of the CAS emails does.

If I say in an email I'll do something, it's not the same as actually doing it.

Just like in CAS, City will put up a witness to say "Oh that email?! Yes I remember we ran it past legal and they shot us down, we had to do it a different [rule conforming] way instead."

Unless the PL have hard proof otherwise, that's the end of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.