PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Imagine winning the lottery and buying a massive mansion and all your neighbours club together to create a new town bylaw preventing any marine transportation vehicles on any property the day after you park a million dollar speedboat on the driveway
IMG_6100.jpeg

There's a middle way which any good PR firm would be all over.

Around 2012 when we were facing our first FFP reporting periods, City let it be known that we had no intentions of profligately spending £1bn per season on the squad.

We explained we had a 5 year accelerated investment plan, whereby afterwards we'd seek to break even on our way to being sustainably profitable, & that's EXACTLY what happened.

However, blinded by their loathing & fear of us, few within football paid a blind bit of notice to our intentions. That's a PR failure on our part.

Going forward, I always advocate not making criticisms, unless you can back them up with an alternative, workable solution, & again City are failing on this score.

Now it's unhelpful if this "alternative way" came from City, as it'll be correctly called out for being self-serving, BUT we've enough friends in the media, on social media & finance professionals to disseminate our alternative vision for sustainability in football.

Have City ever proposed or supported a viable alternative?

If so, what is it?

It's so obvious to me that City should have been doing this from years ago.

Even on these pages, there's a menagerie of ideas as to a fairer & better way forward for football, but no absolute consensus that we can point out to our detractors & haters.

In the absence of City doing so, this is what we as fans should be putting forward ourselves. At the very least it's an alternative solution, & it will also provide a starting point toward finding a workable FFP/PSR system that protects clubs from reckless owners, but one which doesn't stifle ambition & sustainable owner investment.

Between us all, I'm sure we've got the brains & talent to do this, & I honestly believe it will shut up all the braindead opposition fans who find it easier to call for us to be demoted to playing Sunday League football at Hough End playing fields, than to actually pay attention to what the fuck is actually taking place in reality.

Just my considered thoughts on a way forward, & to tackle the constant bad press we receive. )(
Interesting.

Unless someone is prepared to financially underwrite such a campaign, or an 'agency' will take it on on a ' no fee' basis, enthusiastic amateurs are unlikely to proceed.

It'll be a very expensive drip, drip,drip of case copy.

Happy to help.

City is a business run by business people who are very wealthy and very clever. Otherwise, we would be Everton and have no chance.

The club won’t be hitting back in the media because that would show an emotional weakness. The stance appears to be, we actually don’t give a fuck.

You want to see commercial information- fuck you

You want a paper trail? Fuck you

You want emails from 3rd parties? Fuck you!

You want Mansour’s secret sponsorship password - fuck you.

I suggest we do the same now.

Fuck you media, fuck you dips, fuck you rags, fuck you arse, fuck you erm spurs!

It’s our club now fuck you.

Last edited:

Have City ever proposed or supported a viable alternative?

If so, what is it?

It's so obvious to me that City should have been doing this from years ago.

Perhaps they have but not in public, the trouble is there's too many Yank owned clubs. Going public wouldn't change the outcome and it's not in the owners nature to get into a public spat.

I can understand and live with the club’s current silence on the proceedings, and in actual fact it makes sense. The fear is when this all collapses, as it’s now pointing towards, that the response at that point is both effete and anodyne. That would seriously piss me off.
IF we are cleared one of the WhatsApp clan or some over no mark will make a public actionable allegation for us. City just need to take them to the cleaners and the rest will stop

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.