PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Went to Taj Mahal last night - awful….

Saw some old Brit sexpest having a ‘date’ held entirely via Google translate with a completely disinterested woman decades younger and getting more and more irate that the woman who spoke no English didn’t engage in conversation..

If it was you, fuck it, you’re a sexpest.

Not me. I married a woman decades younger than me 20 years ago. She is the posh one :)

It's pretty weak to just say we should be treated fairly. He said that about Everton after they had admitted breaching the PSR limits. He should be saying something like "I know these people and I think they are men of honour. The allegations are very serious but they are certainly innocent in the eyes of the law unless and until the PL can prove otherwise."
The least Burnham should have done is stress that City have repeatedly stated they are innocent and were cleared by CAS. Manchester Life (owned by Sheikh Mansour) is one of Manchester City Council's most important partners. Sheikh Mansour has invested hundreds of millions in our area (and leveraged billions from other developers).
The witchunt against City (Preston Labour MP Lord Hendrick described it as a drive-by-shooting) has put those projects at risk. If City lose this battle with the PL then the Labour-run City Council will be severely compromised. It would be a disaster for Burnham's area. He has done few favours for his political colleagues on the council with his weak position.

Burnham has said virtually nothing about the Sheikh Mansour investments in Manchester which is bizarre considering the amount of money which has been pumped into regenerating the city with the Holt Town project being the next phase. Manchester is the leading authority in Greater Manchester and yet he has done little (publically at least) to support this transformation. His decison to remain virtually silent can ony be driven by self political interest. He doesn't want to lose votes from MUFC supporters in Greater Manchester (and LFC fans in places like Wigan) or alienate the human rights lobby on the left of his own party.

Maybe I’m overly cynical but…

Burnham stating he wants ‘fairness and consistency’ is a Machiavellian way of saying he believes there is currently inconsistency between the way City and Everton are being treated.

He knows exactly what he’s doing, and he most certainly is not supporting City.

That’s exactly how I saw it…..

He’s not staying long term in Manchester in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.