PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They have no concept of how real Berting works. Long may that continue.
The very notion (and provenance) of the term ‘Berting’ perfectly encapsulates the subject under discussion. We turned a subject of ridicule into a piss take out of ourselves, in a way they could never understand.

Oh how they must have laughed at poor Bertie all those years ago when they still had their banner and all was good with the world.

I've listened to Jordan a few times over the years, the last time was couple of mths ago when projectriver was on TS. Even when details of City's case were presented to him, most of which was clearly above his head, he couldn't help interjecting to try and make himself relevant with little jibes against us.

So I agree, he doesn't seem intelligent enough to have come to this conclusion himself.

I recall when the PL initially raised these charges against City, he was almost joyous. He has always had a clear agenda against us, calling us a Frankenstein club, with no acknowledgment of how in the past other clubs have also had large cash injections.
There was certainly no insight or even analysis from him at all into why the PL introduced FFP.
I realise that's how TS often operate, to create agendas and get people worked up and on opposing sides, to listen and to ring in, clearly Jordan is just an affable pawn in their strategy, often without the intellect to fully understand the subject or present a balanced view.

Simon Jordan has a keen intellect and is often insightful. On TalkSport, he is stupid for money.

I don't think for one moment they've been "dropped".

But there's a sense that Murray Rosen is saying they're weak, and the PL are looking for a way out. Hence the approach from them about a settlement.
So by that theory, would have Murray Rosen have seen both the charges & City's evidence before the Judicial Panel sit?

Yeah that’s my view too mate. Organisations make calls based on the information before them at the time and cannot possibly be expected to anticipate how matters will develop. I expect it was seen as an irritation and an act of egregious disrespect at the time, rather than anything that could be a real threat to our hegemony.

And looking back, it was actually a serendipitous decision as (assuming the act gave Liverpool added impetus, which I think it did) it has given us a consequent rivalry which contains three epic title races (four, if you include this season) where we have come out on top - with some truly incredible memories along the way.

And Liverpool got to lift the PL trophy in an empty stadium.

Seems like poetic justice to me.
Some awesome big words in one post, splendiferous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.