PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Apologies for going slightly off piste but just wondered what others thought about this conversation me and my brother had last week. We've all been so busy defending the allegations that nobody has really discussed how we should feel if we are found guilty.

Like most of you on here I seriously doubt that our owners would commit such a wide range of fraudulent acts when we really never needed to and I believe we have no reason not to trust Khaldoon when he says we have irrefutable evidence to prove our innocence but just playing devils advocate for a moment...

If we were found guilty and it all comes out that the allegations were true and it was proved beyond all doubt that our owners used tactics to circumnavigate/break the rules to gain a sporting advantage - how would you feel about our owners after such a judgement and would you just forgive them for tarnishing our clubs name because we won some (well quite a lot) of trophies?

Would any of you be angry with our owners for taking the club we have loved all our lives and dragging it through the mud for commercial gain and leaving us as fans to deal with the shit show it leaves behind (as we are now)? I feel there would never be any coming back from it as every success from here on out would just be met with the old 115 cheat tag from rivals a they are doing now before our case has even been heard. It would almost be like - what's the point anymore, we were better off without the success but our integrity in-tact.

If the owners brought that upon us I just don't know how I would feel about it all. I think it would be fair to be very angry with them.

I suspect City wouldn't want it resurrected either, why people keep bringing it up is just "whataboutery" nonsense. You'd have thought City fans would know better given all the "whataboutery" aimed at us.

It’s not whataboutery to ask why one historic accusation is investigated and another isn’t.

If the PL had opened an investigation and decided it just didn’t reach the level of a rules breach then fair enough.

But IIRC the reported reason for not even investigating was the timeline which obviously opens up a question of double standards when they subsequently open an investigation and charge us over even older shit.

Apologies for going slightly off piste but just wondered what others thought about this conversation me and my brother had last week. We've all been so busy defending the allegations that nobody has really discussed how we should feel if we are found guilty.

Like most of you on here I seriously doubt that our owners would commit such a wide range of fraudulent acts when we really never needed to and I believe we have no reason not to trust Khaldoon when he says we have irrefutable evidence to prove our innocence but just playing devils advocate for a moment...

If we were found guilty and it all comes out that the allegations were true and it was proved beyond all doubt that our owners used tactics to circumnavigate/break the rules to gain a sporting advantage - how would you feel about our owners after such a judgement and would you just forgive them for tarnishing our clubs name because we won some (well quite a lot) of trophies?

Would any of you be angry with our owners for taking the club we have loved all our lives and dragging it through the mud for commercial gain and leaving us as fans to deal with the shit show it leaves behind (as we are now)? I feel there would never be any coming back from it as every success from here on out would just be met with the old 115 cheat tag from rivals a they are doing now before our case has even been heard. It would almost be like - what's the point anymore, we were better off without the success but our integrity in-tact.

If the owners brought that upon us I just don't know how I would feel about it all. I think it would be fair to be very angry with them.
”If” I were a unicorn, i would have an extra cock on my forehead .

I don't know if your serious or just a Rag WUM but here goes

From what I understand the charges are really quite serious so there would have to be a damming piece of evidence in order to prove that we breached a particular rule I believe if there were that "smoking gun" this would have been resolved a long time ago, but in it's absence I can't even imagine your hypothesis, now you can fuck off bag to Red Cafe or Rawk and report on that

If there is fraud involved, the time barring is removed.
It’s not removed, it shifts the time the clock starts ticking from the date of the breach - to the date of discovery of the breach (or when discovery should have occurred with the application of reasonable diligence). i.e. once you discover a fraudulent breach, you have a statutory requirement not to sit on your claim forever, as that could produce absurd outcomes.

I don't know if your serious or just a Rag WUM but here goes

From what I understand the charges are really quite serious so there would have to be a damming piece of evidence in order to prove that we breached a particular rule I believe if there were that "smoking gun" this would have been resolved a long time ago, but in it's absence I can't even imagine your hypothesis, now you can fuck off bag to Red Cafe or Rawk and report on that

You didn’t answer his question, just hurled semi-coherent abuse at him for asking a reasonable question.

If the club did do what its accused of I think a lot of people would feel incredibly betrayed, Soriano and Begiristain would be out at a minimum and then city fans would get over it eventually while the club would be made the black sheep of English football for a generation and presumably there would be a never ending stream of lawsuits between all parties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.