PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

correct.....thats all we've had since the CAS ruling is that we got "away" with it due to the evidence being "time barred" .....i dont believe any evidence is time barred with this PL investigation, so if as hoped, we are cleared then we can finally lay that one to bed at least.

All thats left then will be we bought/bribed the PL to get away with our crimes! i dont think we can win either way......unless the PL come out and say "we are incredibly sorry but we can find no evidence of any wrong doing from Man city, all the evidence they produced has shown that they have fully complied with all the rules, their books are clean, they havent misled us with fraudulent sponsorship deals etc etc" ...... which would basically make themselves look like dicks and incompetent which im pretty sure they dont want to admit too! :-)

So if were guilty then throw the book at us by all means, and if were cleared then i dont want any of this, "yeah they are cleared but only because blah blah so were giving them a £100mil fine" .....that wont fully clear our name and the suspicions will continue for ever and a day! i want us cleared 100% with no ifs or buts!!!
I can see a scenario where the City come out of this as clean as a whistle but give the PL a way out.

Basically the PL could withdraw the case and issue a statement saying that having now reviewed the body of evidence supplied by the club it is clear that we have complied with the rules and there is no evidence of anything to back up the charges laid against us, however this has only come to light after the club provided the documents required to undertake the investigation. While the club withheld these document on following legal advise, If the club had provided this evidence in a more timely manner then the decision to charge the club would never have been made.

As such a fine of £**** has been applied for None co-operation only, and the PL reiterate that their was no evidence of any wrongdoing other than failure to provide documentation in a timely manner.

Just a point on transfermarkt.

It separates out some academy players, often with little logic, so Man City U21s have a £90m transfer profit in the last two seasons alone, which wouldn't show up in that list above.

Including players who have nothing much to do with the first team is one reason why net spend is a pointless comparison between Pep and others, but it does make a difference to the overall club finances.

And also is based on a price at today's exchange rate for euros to sterling, not what it was at the time, and may not reflect the £ value at the time.

I can see a scenario where the City come out of this as clean as a whistle but give the PL a way out.

Basically the PL could withdraw the case and issue a statement saying that having now reviewed the body of evidence supplied by the club it is clear that we have complied with the rules and there is no evidence of anything to back up the charges laid against us, however this has only come to light after the club provided the documents required to undertake the investigation. While the club withheld these document on following legal advise, If the club had provided this evidence in a more timely manner then the decision to charge the club would never have been made.

As such a fine of £**** has been applied for None co-operation only, and the PL reiterate that their was no evidence of any wrongdoing other than failure to provide documentation in a timely manner.
In the end that’s how will play out but they have to have the show tribunal, I believe City want this as well, of course the PL could just drop all this nonsense right now before even more damage is done

Masters will have to take the whole blame for it!

He will have to say he was wrong charging us and was new naive in his new job. Because I just don't see anyone coming out blaming the other clubs which hunt against us..
Imagine a post 115 world where we are exonerated and Masters is “turned” by city?

Anybody with more knowledge about the case who can have a look at this and see if he makes any valid points or is it just the usual anti city bullshit

Mmmmm......some "evidence" posted by an Arsenal fan account on Twitter. Seems legit, and Arsenal fans have absolutely no reason to be upset with City at the moment, so it's clearly going to be an impartial and fair summary of things.

Amazing how Mr Magic Hat has all the evidence but the Premier League spent 4yrs+ trying to find something. Perhaps he should let them know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.