PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

To be honest the result is largely irrelevant we have been tarnished whatever the outcome and I honestly feel that was the main objective.

I was just listening to two mid 20 year old kids (one Chelsea fan, one Liverpool fan) talking about the charges. They basically agreed that we are guilty as sin, will get relegated and probably have over 7000 charges now after the season.

Even if we get cleared the narrative will just become that we got away with it, paid off judges etc etc.

Honestly not bothered one bit by it anymore. I accept we will never be liked and are guilty as sin according to the armchair supporters and users on Twitter. It is what it is
Fuck 'em... It will be all they've got left to chuck at us even though they'll know what they're saying isn't true

The people who's opinions matter and influence people won't dare say this

Agree with this. The charges are still being mentioned but in the big outlets the assumption of City’s guilt has reduced. The tone has changed and the pressure is on the PL to sort it out. Personally I believe there has been some form of communication to the main media groups. The freelance loons continue to rant but they have no influence.
There is no question that the language of the big players has changed and moderated. Much more nuanced now. And this happened around the time Tolmie tweeted about the letters. If I recall correctly, only Tebas was named as a definite recipient. (The “freelance loons” do have influence but in any event would be difficult to constrain by a “cease and desist“ letter - don’t think Goldbridge would run it by his legal team !). I understand people wanting to be cautious and avoid false hope but the overall picture painted by Tolm’s successive tweets is perfectly credible and aligns with the likely progress of the dispute (discovery, preliminary discussions etc). There would be no gain for the club to feed him false information. Add-in also the very bullish remarks of the non-Exec Director in the Times Interview. I am personally very confident about the outcome - but could be proved wrong of course.
There is no way this issue will run to 2025 - as the Premier League is very publicly destroying its reputation and will be looking for a way out. Masters will be thrown on the bonfire. It’s all about timing and I’d guess the Summer would be perfect.
All opinion of course - but there seems to be a very clear pattern.

If we are cleared as per Tolmie's latest ITK we will still be cheats as far as the morons are concerned. The morons live moronic lives and think moronic thoughts. The truth won't change them. It's funny though, when on social media the morons that seem to be the ones challenging the facts with their click bait conspiracy theories are Man United fans, Liverpool fans and Arsenal fans. All them coming from a highly entitled view point based on previous successes...which are increasingly in the past. They are so upset and they cry their bitter tears because we've taken their toys away. How dare ickle City take away their toys. It's so unfair....

To be honest the result is largely irrelevant we have been tarnished whatever the outcome and I honestly feel that was the main objective.

I was just listening to two mid 20 year old kids (one Chelsea fan, one Liverpool fan) talking about the charges. They basically agreed that we are guilty as sin, will get relegated and probably have over 7000 charges now after the season.

Even if we get cleared the narrative will just become that we got away with it, paid off judges etc etc.

Honestly not bothered one bit by it anymore. I accept we will never be liked and are guilty as sin according to the armchair supporters and users on Twitter. It is what it is
There is a huge difference between being found guilty and what rival fans reckon.

If and when we get cleared of all the charges social media will go into meltdown and that will be the time the club will issue cease and desist notices , the general media will have to be wary of any false accusations because they will be sued for defamation. Next few months are going to be very interesting, if do get cleared then our club will have to get the 100 lawyers back in action and go legal on every single social media and general medai outlet who will no doubt continue to smear our name.
Would be nice to see a c*nt like Simon Jordan in court and our club taken every last penny of his rapidly diminishing fortune

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.