PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If Tolmie is posting that then surely the club already know the outcome and it’s now managing the PR dude if things for the premier league?
I don't doubt that Tolmie posts in good faith but he's been wrong before and could be again. I won't get my hopes up until there is something official.

I still believe the cartel clubs & the EPL had jumped on the back of UEFA 2 year ban & when it was overturned by CAS they wanted it to quietly go away.

it was all or nothing when the independent regulator green paper was annonced
Funny how the day after the government announced they would like an inpendent regulator the Premier League suddenly announced the charges.

They absolutely shit the bed. No doubt they had been investigating us but panicked when the government said this. It was just to show the government they were doing something and I don't think the investigation was anywhere near completed.

On that basis I'm confident our legal team will take them to the cleaners

I asm noot sure about that. The Superleague has come against a backdrop of financial problems for those clubs tht want the Superleague. City are part of that agreed. They do not like us making and taking all the profits. Their fans would defintaly want a superleague now though.
I suspect if they tried for it again the fans would embrace it.

Their financial problems are arising from not having a business plan in place to keep up with City. The likes of Spurs, United and Barcelona were going to get a huge solidarity payment for joining the super league which would have wiped out a significant chunk of each clubs debts, this has left them in a world where they are still surviving on business loans on the never never to try and exist in the same world as City. Their last big hope is to have the club wiped off the face of the landscape in top level football. Everything about this has been politics, there’s a story here but a journalist won’t write it because it goes against the grain of what the entire world wants to happen to City.

Relax about the legal position.

Vardy v Rooney libel case. Someone took that on despite the fact Vardy was clearly guilty. It made no fucking sense at all, but if you pay their bills and instruct them, lawyers will do what they're requested to (within reason of course).
Correct. All lawyers really give a fuck about are billable hours and once they've totted up enough they will try and gain a settlement. Even a high percentage of un-winable case ends up with some sort of settlement agreeable to both parties and both sides lawyers walk off into the sunset with a pocket full of cash and reputation in tact.

Not saying we will settle but that's just how it generally goes

Fingers crossed the info he has been given is correct. As for the zero ambiguity , I really hope that refers to City making it clear in a statement outlining what went on and what the judgement means once the matter is resolved , rather than a nondescript statement about being vindicated and having a judgement published which will essentially clear us of wrongdoing but allow others to twist it and omit the bits they don't like.

City's softly softly approach to those who did this in the aftermath of the CAS verdict was, in my opinion, a PR error and allowed the "They're still cheats " narrative to take root. I don't doubt for one minute that the narrative would still have arisen after these allegations but it wouldn't have had such a strong base to begin with and , had we pointed out some of these instances of inaccurate reporting in the beginning, may have led to a different mindset towards us in some quarters.

To be honest the result is largely irrelevant we have been tarnished whatever the outcome and I honestly feel that was the main objective.

I was just listening to two mid 20 year old kids (one Chelsea fan, one Liverpool fan) talking about the charges. They basically agreed that we are guilty as sin, will get relegated and probably have over 7000 charges now after the season.

Even if we get cleared the narrative will just become that we got away with it, paid off judges etc etc.

Honestly not bothered one bit by it anymore. I accept we will never be liked and are guilty as sin according to the armchair supporters and users on Twitter. It is what it is

To be honest the result is largely irrelevant we have been tarnished whatever the outcome and I honestly feel that was the main objective.

I was just listening to two mid 20 year old kids (one Chelsea fan, one Liverpool fan) talking about the charges. They basically agreed that we are guilty as sin, will get relegated and probably have over 7000 charges now after the season.

Even if we get cleared the narrative will just become that we got away with it, paid off judges etc etc.

Honestly not bothered one bit by it anymore. I accept we will never be liked and are guilty as sin according to the armchair supporters and users on Twitter. It is what it is

I'm the opposite. If we're cleared I won't give a fuck what anyone says, but being cleared is the absolute must here. Some people will always hold their fucked up opinion but enough people on middle ground will have a change of attitude.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.