PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Whilst that thought does linger in my head. Agree the pl is bent no doubt about that.
But when you look at things with a calm head, the thought of serious business people willing to risk their reputations for little City doesnt make sence. These aren't just serious business people in their own country but on the world stage.
They have invested billions into the UK, Etihad Airways were really smart in sponsor of City both companies have grown because of this.

The pl is run by small fry people who don't understand big business. Masters is totally out of his depth, 5th choice for the job after being vetted by dippers and rags.

Part of me thinks the pl HAVE to find City guilty because if they don't the damage to the pl could be final. Have the pl really gone ahead even after CAS because the 3 red tops +1 have wanted this ?
If so it shows how weak the chairman of the pl is. But he was vetted by two of those clubs.

The American owners are a real threat to our game. They take money out of the game, they don't invest much into the clubs. They want a closed shop league. They want games played in American.

The one thing that does confuse me is that other fans can't see this manager.

I believe in our owner and our club, we are hated because our owners are not white American, it is that simple.

This non cooperation shit is farcical, who can you give our all your books and information when you know its going straight to the 3 red tops +1. How ?

The pl do 'kick it out' in October, the pl shirt have kick out racism of the shirts. But the pl do fuck all to stop racism aimed at clubs and club owners.

I believe City are 100% innocent do I believe the IC will agree with me 50/50. I don't trust the pl and I don't trust an IC.
Exactly. Good summary

And that will fit the narrative perfectly. We didn't cooperate, because we had things to hide so we hid them. Therefore we are corrupt and "we told you so". The media pile-on continues unabated and all of our achievements, successes and reputation are forever tarnished. I could see a 15 to 20-point deduction, reduced to 10 on appeal. Mission accomplished by the red-shirted cartel clubs and the PL.
What level of non co-operation though? Can't supply evidence that doesn't exist, was is a day late, was a United official asking for full data access and denied etc. Looking forward to a completely opaque process where we're hung drawn and quartered, redtop press faux outrage saying we should be liquidated or ten year ban from top division, all titles null and void.

Reactions: PPT
That is a story that has circulated. I think it is generally accepted that Mancini couldn't sign with another club for a period post-Inter without losing his pay-off, but I don't think a contract has ever been found between him and AJ before he signed for City. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, of course. On the other hand, it doesn't explain why it would have been continued while he was at City, unless it was to add weight to the validity of the pre-City contract, or that Mancini rather liked getting a sizable portion of his remuneration, presumably, tax-free.
It’s only right and fitting that the Premier League investigate City back over decades for practices that may not have been illegal but certainly weren’t in keeping with the football family ethics.

Our achievements are only "tarnished" by rival fans. Let them have it. I "tarnish" anything united have won because they simply bought their success by being the richest club, I "tarnish" any success liverpool have achieved by the fact that they should have been disbanded after Heysel, I "tarnish" anything Arsenal have achieved by calling them the most boring bastards English football has ever seen and I "tarnish" Spurs' achievements because....er....they don't exist in living memory.
Oh mate, why can I not 100 times like this post! CTWD

Our achievements are only "tarnished" by rival fans. Let them have it. I "tarnish" anything united have won because they simply bought their success by being the richest club, I "tarnish" any success liverpool have achieved by the fact that they should have been disbanded after Heysel, I "tarnish" anything Arsenal have achieved by calling them the most boring bastards English football has ever seen and I "tarnish" Spurs' achievements because....er....they don't exist in living memory.

I completely agree - I am starting to get really frustrated at the shit us fans are having to deal with … over a prolonged period of time. And you get very little back from the owners on this … I appreciate their position but sometimes it feels like they could do more to protect the fans.
what do you want them to do ? knit you a thicker skin ?

An amusing anecdote for sure. But can you really imagine the PL has any significant chance on this Mancini issue? I am not even sure why that allegation is in there. I suppose they can only be suggesting the AJ contract was a sham and so they "deem" it to be part of his club salary which then should have been included in his contract with City, as was disclosed to them. Also that it was done deliberately to conceal that part of his salary for some reason which would have to be clear, convincing and appeal to reason moreso than the counter-argument otherwise it is all time-limited anyway. That is all pretty convoluted and a huge stretch, imho, bearing in mind the lack of FFP at the time. Especially considered against the much more simple counter-argument, which will presumably be that it was done for Mancini's personal tax position.

And that is before drawing parallels to Chelsea's related party fixed asset sales. Everyone knows why Chelsea did what they did, to get around PSR rules, but it isn't specifically precluded by the rules so it's OK. There is surely no planet on which they can make the above case in the same year as Chelsea have "got away with it" (to the tune of tens of millions) and ask the IP to punish City for doing something so immaterial that wasn't specifically precluded by the rules at the time?

I have a degree of sympathy with the PL for making the other allegations (Etihad and Etisalat, for example) despite what we know from CAS if the club has chosen not to provide them with external evidence. But this one, I don't get.
The club in Abu Dhabi isn’t even a related party or in CFG I just think he was an over paid genuine consultant for that club. As you and others point out it’s not worth the hassle to hide his salary

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.