PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Personally my confidence has been degraded by the huge profit we made on transfers this summer. If we had spent more of it rather than banking such a profit it would give me more confidence but I have a small nagging fear we are keeping all the money for a (minimum) anticipated huge fine etc. this way we will be able to now pay a huge fine and not be on the ‘back foot’ for future seasons. Almost similar to how banks often put 100s of millions aside for anticipated bad debt or other anticipated fines for AML etc. in their annual returns.
If we didn't have the 115 hanging over us, would you have been able to come with a logical reason why we might not have spent loads this summer that didn't involve some sort of doomsday scenario?

Personally my confidence has been degraded by the huge profit we made on transfers this summer. If we had spent more of it rather than banking such a profit it would give me more confidence but I have a small nagging fear we are keeping all the money for a (minimum) anticipated huge fine etc. this way we will be able to now pay a huge fine and not be on the ‘back foot’ for future seasons. Almost similar to how banks often put 100s of millions aside for anticipated bad debt or other anticipated fines for AML etc. in their annual returns.
If you are getting worried about the lack of spend maybe spend a few mins on the North Stand development page a look how they are spending half a billion on the new stand and hotel ( inc the contribution to Co Op Live ).

If we didn't have the 115 hanging over us, would you have been able to come with a logical reason why we might not have spent loads this summer that didn't involve some sort of doomsday scenario?
It’s a rolling 3 year total. These are REAL bus8ness men with strategic plans. Maybe, they are keeping the large sums on hand for the players they want when they become available, rather than spanking stupid money on players Pep and Txiki don’t want to give 5 yr contracts and $10Ms in wages to?

Wirtz and Musiala spring to mind, but there are probably many, many other players we might need when KDB and Kyle and Gundo, and maybe even Kova and Nunes leave. Replacement cost of those 5 players is about, €120m, €60m, €25m, €35m, and €50m, respectively! That’s about €300m BEFORE you pay wages, which would hopefully not exceed what this current group are on!!!

A “war chest” is just that! You don’t need it until you do, then you’d better have it available for the battles ahead!

Hope you’re ok ed123?
Try and be positive. Our owners aren’t multi-billionaires by chance.
Listen to the comments our owners and manager have made and let the process run.
Keep the faith.
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.