PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’m well beyond bothered after all this time. It’s gone on so long I’m bored by it. I look forward to talking about football again.

Whatever the outcome I have never, nor will I ever, give two shits what opposition fans think. I will never seek their praise, validation, credit or respect. They can hate us, they can love us, it’s just noise and understandable jealousy.

They will all lose again this season.
Exactly. In the eyes of so many twats out there, found guilty, told you so, found innocent, you've paid everyone off.

Fuck 'em

I honestly don't care about the charges - it seems to me that lots of other clubs have been fined and it's almost become the norm. Forest, Everton, Leicester have been fined recently. Us, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs for trying to form a super league were fined. Chelsea have been fined and had transfer bans. United had a fine for fair play breaches. Liverpool fined for breaking into our IT systems and tapping players up. Newcastle are tied up in knots with a wealthy owner yet having to sell players.

Someone, somewhere thinks this is a really good idea. However, last season we saw random points deductions overturned a couple of weeks later and those could easily have decided who went down. Should Everton have a 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 point deduction? Who knows but if I was a ST there I would feel cheated that what I saw on the pitch wasn't reflected in the league table.

Football is magic. Take away the magic and it loses everything doesn't it. If we score 1 more goal than the opposition on the pitch I expect to see the league table reflect that. If it doesn't, I can't 'believe' in it anymore. If we are relegated or have titles took off us then it will kill football. I've not heard any United, or Liverpool fan say they want the PL titles that we won as, despite the banter, we all know the best team wins the league.

I suspect we've followed the letter of the law, not the spirit of the law. This doesn't make us guilty though, but it will be portrayed that way even if we are 110% exonerated. I cannot believe that our owners would be willing to break the law and find lots of other international companies and Directors who would be complicit in that. The PL have been happy to have clubs run as 'international companies' when it suits, but they don't seem happy to have international companies run football clubs as international companies. They caused this with the PL breakaway 30 years ago I'm afraid. Football clubs aren't businesses, they are cultural artifacts as important as any painting, cathedral or piece of music in this country.

Ultimately, the PL and FA may think they are being clever dishing out these fines but one day they will realise that the magic of the sport has gone.

I don't think they will punish us until next season, they'll punish us if we are innocent or guilty because their gobby members demand it.

I have little to no faith in any process they have imagined up, St Paul could bomb down on a fiery chariot and the BBC and media chums would still call us cheats ,the damage is done to the minds of the gen pop.

Everton appealed and had their points deduction cut in half the first time.
If I remember correctly Everton appealed against the 2nd points deduction then withdrew their appeal once they had secured enough points to avoid relegation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.