PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It seems to me like it's us v the Premier League, the red shirt cartel, the main stream media, UEFA, La Liga (well Teabag Tebas anyway), stupid ill informed fans of other clubs who have already passed judgement and handed out there sentences.

That's a fooking lot of cleaning up to be done if we are cleared and those alleged charges have blown up in their collective faces. And there are a lot of bottles twitching at certain clubs and praying that mercy will be shown by City in the hope we don't exact revenge and come after them and expose any or all the corruption they have carried out over the years.

They would though. The red tops and Spurs, plus Tebas and other European clubs, have been writing letters and pestering the premier league for years to "Do something about City." They thought they had us until we were cleared by CAS so after that it was all on the premier league.
At the very least they have got 99% of fans of other clubs convinced we've cheated. They have thrown enough mud to ensure some has stuck whatever the outcome of the case. They will see it as a success. Personally I think they better pray we are found guilty because otherwise I think we are going to blow the whole stinking corrupt cesspit apart.
They can only 'do something about city' if there is something to find.
The rest is just conjecture.

They could easily have stopped at any time and the mud would have still stuck.

I can well see us being found guilty on some of the charges and the punishment being spread over several years in order to cause the most damage to us.

Sure, we will appeal and the number of years reduced but I would simply be amazed if, after all these years of investigating, the legal team who are fronting this are happy to go into a wishy washy case and have their personal reputation damaged.

The flip side is that if we are found not guilty then the financial damages we would seek would be catastrophic to the Premier League.

Dont get this way of thinking.
Its not win/lose. Its not a judgement call or an opinion that will be given. Its absolute truth, in either scenario. And frankly thats enough for me.

If the decision goes for city, it will be absolute justice finally, exoneration, clubs name clean, open season to go after anyone we want.

If the decision is against city, frankly the club has lied and covered it up for years, including to us fans. Its then down to each individual to decide whether they care about that or not.

I trust the club not to be guilty of what would be potentially the largest corporate fraud in sports history. So im relaxed about it and expect a positive outcome.

If not, will deal with it then.

Ultimately its truth that we get and it will be a relief either way and we can all move on with our lives.
Great post.

I am genuinely curious to know what the PL have evidence wise to proceed with this case, I dont buy into the theory that they have been pushed into this and if they have then more fool them. They must be convinced that they have enough to gain a positive outcome and it will be interesting to see what this is. If the believe this to be the case then fair play to them for coming after us.

Likewise, I struggle to see a situation where if the club have knowingly breached the rules that we would have allowed it to get this far. I have no doubt that we have sailed close to the wind and used the woding of the rules to the limit, I dont know any big organisation that doesnt. There is nothing that I have seen from our owners over the last decade to make me distrust them when they claim everything is above board. We seem to be extremely confident in our position, rightly so if we have done no wrong.

I guess it will be a case of us winning some points and the PL winning some points, it all depends on who is successful on the main charges..

That seems a very fair take, but I’m not sure I fully agree on the PL.

I think there was huge pressure for action by the other clubs and PL where stuck between having not enough to charge us and large amounts of non-cooperation.

So the other clubs and I would (might have to hide after saying this) say arguably with reason put pressure on PL to charge if we were not co-operating. This part is just putting 2 and 2 together and making a guess on what has happened.

There is no doubt other clubs had information before us as I believe they leaked it before we got told.

I believe the club where surprised as the investigation had stalled and PL had a choice to make.

Now whether it was the pressure of other clubs or that the PL simply could not accept none co-op (which could be a fair position to take) they raised the charges. It seems highly co-incidental the date with the white paper coming out and I’m sure that plays in at some point.

So I don’t think PL have necessarily sat down and been advised of high probability of success, in fact I believe it could be quite low.

The long trail and large amount of evidence being called, I also feel paints a picture of no smoking gun or anything ground breaking, more a lot of small points to try and paint a bigger picture.

All the signs point to me of PL trying hard without too much of substance.

However, you are correct they will within there evidence win some points (which no doubt the media will pick up on) but the burden of proof for the high level charges.

I seriously doubt they will be anywhere near the standard required.

Dont get this way of thinking.
Its not win/lose. Its not a judgement call or an opinion that will be given. Its absolute truth, in either scenario. And frankly thats enough for me.

If the decision goes for city, it will be absolute justice finally, exoneration, clubs name clean, open season to go after anyone we want.

If the decision is against city, frankly the club has lied and covered it up for years, including to us fans. Its then down to each individual to decide whether they care about that or not.

I trust the club not to be guilty of what would be potentially the largest corporate fraud in sports history. So im relaxed about it and expect a positive outcome.

If not, will deal with it then.

Ultimately its truth that we get and it will be a relief either way and we can all move on with our lives.

Whilst I like the sentiment I disgree with this. It’s a perfect view but not real in my view as miscarriage's of justice happen all the time and this will come down to someone’s opinion on what has happened (they will not know for sure).

Everything else, I agree if we are found guilty then you can guarantee our fans won’t accept it and if innocent other fans won’t. We’re all the same in that respect but influenced by our support etc.

Ultimately, I have zero respect for those rules and believe we won it on the pitch. It’s my club their punishment will be mine if we go down or no CL 100% worth it!!

The other clubs are already worried that there too late to stop us and wanting multiple points over lots of seasons.

I think we’ve made it and this will never be more then a bump in the road.

UEFA 2 year ban was there bigger chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.