PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Listen. The Premier League couldn't even get the initial charge sheet right without errors in it. They've also messed up charges against other clubs. They are completely incompetent when it comes to regulation matters (hence why the government wanted to step in). The sheer complexity of tasks involved for them to appropriately manage any doomsday scenario for us e.g. relegation, retrospective points deductions, title stripping etc would be beyond them. They have created a rod for their own back here and that's even in the event that they 'win' the case...
Oh I know, but it's a lazy Thursday in October and I've got nothing to do at work
Div 2 talk is fanciful. But think we'd struggle it that 0.0001 l% event happened.

Criticism of City's ownership can be broken down into four distinct categories...

The first is universalism, the Nick Harris, Guardian angle...

Universalism in ethics is the idea that ethical principles and standards are universal and apply to all people, regardless of their culture, race, or other distinguishing features. It's a controversial claim that's common in many ethical traditions and political appeals to universal human rights.

The UAE falls foul of universalism, because, to put it crudely, they fall short of the liberal western values so beloved of Guardian reading Islington luvvies. Universalism flies in the face of cultural and religious differences and the basics of self determination, it's the left's equivalent of the White Man's Burden, it's not racism per se, the same folk who despise our owners tend to worship the Palestinians.

The Americans...

The Americans, or more to the point American capitalism, hates us, we're long term investment for sustained success, profitability and asset value growth. The American model is short term, cash cow, rigged market.

Jealousy...

Nuff said.

Racism...

We cheat coz that's what Arabs do.

Maybe the UK or US could have ethics that look after their citizens.
  • free education in national schools and universities
  • free healthcare in national hospitals (and private for Abu Dhabi)
  • scholarships for university for high achievers
  • free land for new families , which take couple of years to get
  • subsidized loan with zero interest to build hous on that Land. ( Abu Dhabi citizins)
  • Government jobs for Citizens prioritised
  • Significantly cheaper electricity and water tariffs.
  • Also they have exclusive access to diwans of sheikhs, where they could ask for favours, exceptions, pardons, etc.

Let me know when something happens please

A minute passed. Then another. Then another minute.

Then ....... another minute passed. Then another minute, passed. Then another.

Another minute passed quickly, followed by a further minute, when, suddenly ....... a different minute passed. Followed by another different minute. And another. And yet a further different minute.

After a minute, a further different minute passed quickly past.

A minute passed. I glanced at my watch. It was a minute past.

This was it!

A minute passed. After a moment, another minute passed.

I waited a minute while a minute passed quickly past. After a minute, a minute that seemed to last an hour but was, in fact, only a minute, passed.

Listen. The Premier League couldn't even get the initial charge sheet right without errors in it. They've also messed up charges against other clubs. They are completely incompetent when it comes to regulation matters (hence why the government wanted to step in). The sheer complexity of tasks involved for them to appropriately manage any doomsday scenario for us e.g. relegation, retrospective points deductions, title stripping etc would be beyond them. They have created a rod for their own back here and that's even in the event that they 'win' the case...
Brings back fond memories of Masters and Parry at the commons select committee being told by the chair ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’

Another minute passed quickly, followed by a further minute, when, suddenly ....... a different minute passed. Followed by another different minute. And another. And yet a further different minute.

This was it!

I waited a minute while a minute passed quickly past. After a minute, a minute that seemed to last an hour but was, in fact, only a minute, passed.

That takes me back to QPR in 2012…….

Human Rights watch has criticised Israel more than UAE but that doesn’t make the headlines.
Last time I looked the UAE wasn’t even in the top 100 on the list for human rights abuse. It was below most of Africa, Asia, and South America for starters. Not to mention the USA, China, Russia, and Saudi. The criticism of the UAE has been a false narrative since Sheikh Mansour bought City.

This was it!

Whhhhoooooooooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hang on a sec !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.