PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The football landscape looks nothing like it did back then though. For Leicester to stay up by a point and then go and win the title is almost unbelievable in modern times. It just doesn’t happen.
Neither does City scoring a massive number of goals yet still being relegated (what year was that?).

Edit
Sorry K just seen you already mentioned this except City did it in the same season.

Just reading Nedum Onuoha’s autobiography. He’s not a fan of our Bobby.
Bobby, whilst taking us up a level or two, had his flaws. He was sacked because a number of players complained to the higher ups about his methods. Most notably hart and kompany. As soon as David silva said he’d go if Bobby didn’t, they sacked him. Tbf I think his constant support of balotelli was ridiculous. And yeah, Mario was a fantastic player but he must have been a disruptive element

Not just the biggest upset in football history but the biggest in gambling history across all sports.

5,000/1 at some bookmakers.

Compare that to the biggest known horse racing winner in history , anywhere in the world at 300/1.

It’s still barely believable.
I have my doubts. I remember there being a story about Leicester blood doping, a matter of weeks before they won the title and it disappeared faster than rag fans in a 6-1 mauling. Anyone else remember the story popping up? I was convinced there was truth in it at the time. Same with the Liverpool “asthma sufferers”

I do and it was very sad.

They were superb and well deserved winners.

People these days simply cannot accept home truths and always have to find some sort of conspiracy, very weird times.
If a 5000-1 long shot, all of a sudden won the ‘Tour de France’, talked about boozing every weekend during training, talked about dodgy officials, of which people witnessed first hand, you would seem foolish or biased calling people crazy conspiracy theorists, If they suggested something wasn’t right.

Leicester is a team, who went from covering the least ground in KMs in the league, to the most in the league, pretty much overnight! Of which we were told of a special diet change and motivation, being the reason. There squad was tiny, pretty much only 14 players featured all season. Yet Danny Simpson said in an interview last month they were out drinking every other weekend. How did they do that? Some quotes from the interview…
‘We won the PL acting like a pub team’ ‘The whole team was out drinking, which created a great bond’.
‘Against Chelsea away, I looked at Huth and said, I’m so hungover, and he said, so am I, half the team was, Raneri knew about it’….
Then the best quote of all ‘we were in a game and one of our players should’ve had a second yellow card, the ref turned to me and said, I could’ve sent him off there, but I want you to win it’.

Look at some of the stats. Leicester were 18th in the league for possession (19th for pass completion), 10th in the league for actions in the opposition box. But yet, they were number one for penalties awarded, with 13 penalties all season. The second most in PL history!
In comparison Arsenal had the best possession, 3rd most actions in the opposition box, and received just 2 penalties.

Leicester were number one in the league for the most tackles per game, but were only 12th for the number of fouls and 18th in the league for yellow/red cards. In comparison, Spurs were 3rd for the number of tackles, 3rd for the number of fouls and 3rd for disciplinary. They received 25 more yellow cards than Leicester!

Despite playing counter attacking football, (number one for counter attacking goals), they were also 20th in the league for the number of offsides! This data just doesn’t make sense, but then neither doesn’t a 5000-1 outsider winning the Premiere league. If it’s one thing then ok, but when you have multiple anomalies that don’t make sense, and an ex player saying these things, raising suspicions should be considered natural, not weird.

Last edited:
1937/38 Was that a conspiracy?

Manchester City became the only team to have been relegated in the season after winning the league title as well as the only team to ever be relegated from the top tier of English football having scored the most goals in that particular season.

Leicester rode the perfect storm, poor City, rags, Chelsea , Liverpool and Arsenal and a Spurs who should have bagged the titles invented a new football definition, Spursey!

With respect, that's the same argument as saying a North vs South all-star game isn't a stupid idea because they used to play games like that in the 1950s. The game has changed a little since then.

With respect, that's the same argument as saying a North vs South all-star game isn't a stupid idea because they used to play games like that in the 1950s. The game has changed a little since then.
It really has not, weird things happen is all sports including shock winners and losers for that matter.

Who would have believed Wigan would beat us in the cup final, they did, no conspiracy, no shenanigan's, just the fact only one team turned up.

It really has not, weird things happen is all sports including shock winners and losers for that matter.

Who would have believed Wigan would beat us in the cup final, they did, no conspiracy, no shenanigan's, just the fact only one team turned up.

Over one game yes, over a season in this day and age, not so much.

But it's OK, we don't have to agree, and I am not saying there was a great conspiracy, I am just saying an outlier like that in many other sports could be investigated.

There’s a difference between one offs & season long title wins, that’s why the Tour de France analogy is a good example. We all remember the ice skater winning gold when everyone crashed out but if they raced every day for a month & he won it then it’s bent.

If a 5000-1 long shot all of a sudden won the Tour de France, whilst boozing all the time, and talked about dodgy officials, would most sceptical people think there was some sort of foul play involved, Especially after the whole Lance Armstrong thing? Yet Football is squeaky clean?

I take it you’ve not seen Danny Simpsons interview? Just a few quotes ‘we won the PL acting like a pub team’ ‘the whole team was out drinking every weekend’, ‘against Chelsea away, I looked at Huth and said, I’m so hungover, and he said, so am I, half the team was, Raneri definitely knew about it’…. Despite Raneri’s whole pizza party thing, like they had this perfect diet.
And this is a team, who went from covering the least ground in KMs in the league, to the most in the league, pretty much overnight! How exactly when boozing every weekend?

Then the best quote of all ‘we were in a game and we should’ve had a second yellow card, the ref turned to me and said, I should’ve sent him off there, but I want you to win it’. So when you hear things like that, it’s sure to raise suspicions. These points take it slightly beyond a conspiracy and into the realms of possibility.

The other problem is, you’ll find zero articles written about this interview from a negative perspective, not one paper or news outlet has deemed this an actual newsworthy story, why??? You will however find many articles, ‘The Mirror, the Sun, the daily mail, the athletic’ etc all jumping on the defensive, ‘the ref in question denies the allegations and may seek legal recourse against Danny Simpson’. Of which, of course, nothing more has happened or been said about the matter since. How could he take legal action anyway, when it’s one word against another. It’s a bit suspicious how all the media outlets jumped straight on the defensive though, you’d think at least one might look into what he said and maybe do some investigative journalism on it. It wouldn’t be difficult at all to look at the data and see something doesn’t add up.

I guess some people are more sceptical than others, if it sounds too good to be true.

Simpson couldn’t remember who they were playing. Isn’t sure which player the referee said it to. And thinks it was “His second yellow or something.” When he overheard the referee saying, “ Something like I should have you sent you there.”

I’m not saying it definitely didn’t happen. Who knows? But it sounds more likely it’s some not particularly bright ex pro desperately trying to tell a humorous anecdote that he might get some work off the back of to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.