PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

What I don’t understand is why the media have not investigated the fact that UEFA felt there was sufficient evidence to ban City from Europe for 2 years but CAS found no evidence of wrong doing. Surely there was something else going on to cause such a discrepancy of views. Why have the media never reviewed the background of the members of the panel at UEFA.

It’s why I am really relaxed about this because if there was any evidence of wrong doing CAS would have seen it and I don’t think for one minute the PL investigators have managed to uncover any ‘smoking gun’ information. Also let’s be honest as happened at the PO whistleblowers would have come forward at some point if there had been systemic fraud going on

I do sense a change in perception about the scale of the allegations against City and what the PL would need to do to prove those allegations so perhaps the penny is beginning to drop.

It's a witch hunt, we're being prepared for the ducking stool. There's nothing independent happening here, we'll be found guilty because the mob are baying for blood.
We're talking about a billion pound plus asset owned by one of the most powerful men on the planet

some tin-pot organization run by suits out of their depth aren't gonna destroy that just cos some bin dipping bellends on twitter are begging for it to happen

Just a question. If we do get found guilty and the Premier league want to relegate us would the football league have to sign up for that ?
Obviously there is an agreement for the standard relegation and promotion side of things . But could the football league say we don't want city in an of our leagues ?
I know city in the football league would be a massive draw for the likes of Parry but could they say no ?
I don't know whether the EFL would have to accept us if the PL simply chucked us out. The easiest course for the PL would be to deduct us enough points to ensure relegation and we'd automatically drop into the Championship with the EFL unable to oppose it.
But we really should be gunning for those running the PL when we're found not guilty.

Following the TS exchange yesterday, I'm pleased/surprised to see that the expected hue and cry: "City relegated, says ex-employee" headlines absent from all papers today

What I don’t understand is why the media have not investigated the fact that UEFA felt there was sufficient evidence to ban City from Europe for 2 years but CAS found no evidence of wrong doing. Surely there was something else going on to cause such a discrepancy of views. Why have the media never reviewed the background of the members of the panel at UEFA.

It’s why I am really relaxed about this because if there was any evidence of wrong doing CAS would have seen it and I don’t think for one minute the PL investigators have managed to uncover any ‘smoking gun’ information. Also let’s be honest as happened at the PO whistleblowers would have come forward at some point if there had been systemic fraud going on

I do sense a change in perception about the scale of the allegations against City and what the PL would need to do to prove those allegations so perhaps the penny is beginning to drop.
Absolutely - none so blind than those who cannot (& don’t want to ) see

Well we know who was part of the FFP chamber at UEFA... do you think the media would call that out and in-essence go against those clubs that they are associated with. No chance.

I got fined £170 quid for running on the pitch at Ewood Park in 1995. Extrapolate with inflation and we could be looking at minimum of £243 today. We’re fucked (especially if we get a duty brief as shite as the one I had).
You should have got some character references of the lads on the coach.

I’m sure this has probably already been raised - and answered but IF the PL were to rule that accounting fraud had taken place and issued severe sanctions against us - as a member of the PL we are limited in our ability to take further action. However, if other organisations - who are not members of the PL - feel that they have been Implicated - say a sponsor or an auditor - I’m assuming they could take action against the PL as could senior figures in those organisations. You have to wonder if the PL have really thought this through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.