PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

3 of the major 4 leagues in the US operate under a salary cap, but the cap is the same for every team. FFP and/or FSR
It's more about the way that Yanks tend to conduct business in general, rather than the actual rules of the MLS or any other American sports league.

MLS is full of it's own wacky rules and ideas, but if you do want a Salary Cap that does what it says on the tin, you'd choose their one.

What steps did Richard S take at any point to prevent this outcome? Seems to me he held the gates open at every interval.
All reports I've read state that he was extremely reluctant to introduce the FFP rules. See:

He's certainly on record as emphasising the importance that the make up of the "Big 6" should regularly change and that Premier League clubs should be allowed to spend big. See 16:20:

Regardless of what the rules are and who's broken them, there is also a critical point here which is being missed.

Quite simply, the magic of football is being killed. That last minute winner to keep you up might not do any more. At any point, a rule that's broken for whatever reason can push you or a rival down more so than the points you'd expect to win over a month or 2. You can't trust your eyes anymore. You can't take the result after 90 minutes as "the truth".

The relegation battle this year won't be decided by Luton and Burnle getting huge wins. It won't be decided by Dyches tactics or Calvert-Lewin finding form either. It won't be decided by Forests purchases. It will be decided by faceless lawyers wielding points deductions that go up and down at a whim.

I'm really getting to the point now with VAR and off-field points deductions are just as important as any striker. They are killing the game.

Football used to be about goals and the players on the pitch. It's getting to the point where it's not any more.

Spot on. Football is at a tipping point and is rapidly losing its way. Everywhere actual match going fans are expressing disillusionment with it. From var to this crap, high ticket prices and tourist fans, people have had enough. It could easily implode if they're not careful.

It's more about the way that Yanks tend to conduct business in general, rather than the actual rules of the MLS or any other American sports league.

MLS is full of it's own wacky rules and ideas, but if you do want a Salary Cap that does what it says on the tin, you'd choose their one.
My post was incomplete. I edited it to complete it. But that's my point. If you are going to implement any kind of spending cap it has to be the same for everyone. It doesn't mean you have to spend to that level, but it ensures that if you can find the resources you can compete with anyone in the market.

The people who own these clubs don't care about winning things or making sure the fans are happy, what they want is a guaranteed return on their investments and to ensure that they allow the red tops to do what they want.

OK they might make a bit of noise to appease the fans once in a while but they are in cahoots making money by acquiescing and playing dumb.
Must be...

All reports I've read state that he was extremely reluctant to introduce the FFP rules. See:

He's certainly on record as emphasising the importance that the make up of the "Big 6" should regularly change and that Premier League clubs should be allowed to spend big. See 16:20:

So, going from that article, the change he proposed would have again benefited the 'big' clubs at the expense of the rest, and not addressed any of the issues with FFP. He said some of the right things in the Overlap interview, but I can't say I saw it reflected in his stewardship personally. We were seeing a lot of hostility from the league at the time towards investment outside of the 'istree clubs, that tells me that his actions didn't line up.

Interesting part for me is just after that he tries to justify his opposition to an Independent Regulator, none of the things he listed as "working on their own" actually do very much. His supermarket analogy doesn't make a lot of sense either, supermarkets are very heavily regulated businesses and they do have an independent industry-wide regulator.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.