PL Ipswich Town (h) post match thread

Yup, you would expect lots of room for improvement at 19. On their goal it looks like he misjudged the offside situation, which is the sort of thing that will be remedied by experience.

I was of course irritated by the goal but was as sure as I could be it would be a blip in the game. What still irks though is that City’s opponent has one shot and scores from it. We need to be that little bit tighter.
The finish was poor enough and Ederson could have done better. I have huge hopes and expectations for young Lewis but he is not fully there yet. Similar to Phil a few seasons back he will improve with experience.

I don’t see the hype with Mainoo tbh. Rico doesn’t really play as a right back though. For certain opponents it will be Walker, no doubt.
Rico played as an orthodox RB at Chelsea and played very well. Yesterday he stepped into midfield a lot more. Kyle has got the edge on him when there's a pace merchant to mark. Kyle would also be first choice in the really big games.

Rico played as an orthodox RB at Chelsea and played very well. Yesterday he stepped into midfield a lot more. Kyle has got the edge on him when there's a pace merchant to mark. Kyle would also be first choice in the really big games.
Yes we played a back 3 yesterday, with Rico playing more of a midfield role. Rico still learning his role and I expect next season he will have nailed down his place in the team.

that happens loads mate due to the ridiculous high line we operate
there was one point in the second half where ruben was the last man and he was past the centre circle in their half
The high line can be a double edged sword but obviously the upside is sharper.

The average player positions for the match are ridiculous: the only player on either side that wasn’t on the halfway line or in the Ipswich half was Ederson.

Looking very comfortable
Hammers will give us a bit of a game....but..3 points for sure

I call bullshit bravado.

Just a Suffolk simpleton trying and failing to be clever.

They are dropping like a stone and will drop further & faster when their coach fucks off and the wife booting son of bacon face bowls up.
Their main forum is full of it, the usual city tropes to be fair it’s word for word from every other newly promoted team, full of misplaced hope, and of course they are proper fans a lot of it is because they know deep down they are going to be relegated and when they do they will say they hated the PL anyway, it’s a well worn path

Two kids holding that banner with a woman ( Their mother?) smiling in the background. I wonder if they made it and if they're still going now? Somebody on an Ipswich forum might know.I'm glad the little shits have had a few years of misery and after the euphoria of being back in the big time should endure a season of getting hammered every game before they go down again.

be great if we get to relegate them this season at theirs and do something similar.

saying that we thumped them 4-1 the season after in the fa cup

Their main forum is full of it, the usual city tropes to be fair it’s word for word from every other newly promoted team, full of misplaced hope, and of course they are proper fans a lot of it is because they know deep down they are going to be relegated and when they do they will say they hated the PL anyway, it’s a well worn path

They forget it's been over twenty years since they've been in the top flight, so every game is like a cup final to them and they treat the games as such. For us it's just another routine game we should win against inferior opposition.

I hate that tired old tripe such clubs trot out. "Proper traditional club with real fans" blah blah blah. We've been around since 1880 and as Manchester City since 1894. Every single club wants to compete at the top table in a modern stadium, every single one. They trot out such cliches to console themselves that they never will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.