PL Ipswich Town (h) post match thread

ITFC fan here - I come in peace! Just wanted to share some thoughts on Saturday and our visit to the Etihad.

First off really impressed by the Etihad as a stadium, which will only improve when the expansion of the other end stand is complete. Been to Old Trafford many times, and it is in a dire state. Much like our older stands at PR - although we keen them in better nick than your rivals. I was in the upper tier right in the gods. But great view.

Thanks for our goal and moment! It was bedlam in the away end. But we then shot ourselves in the foot with multiple errors - including from ex-player Muric. But you hit the cross bar square on twice so score was probably right. Delap was good for us and a beast. But he was isolated. We also didn’t turn moments of threat into actual chances. But we’re still in transition with lots of new players coming in, including Philips.

McKenna is the real deal, and he felt our game management cost us the errors.

Do you think we’ll have enough to stay up?

I was really impressed with Lewis and Savinho. I hadn’t got the hype around Lewis, but he is sublime and all over the pitch. Halland is a beast, and sadly Town are going to learn that in the top flight, you get punished by errors.

Anyway a good day out. This video from the main Ipswich fan site is worth a view, sense of the away day itself but also come good analysis of City from the press box:

ITFC fan here - I come in peace! Just wanted to share some thoughts on Saturday and our visit to the Etihad.

First off really impressed by the Etihad as a stadium, which will only improve when the expansion of the other end stand is complete. Been to Old Trafford many times, and it is in a dire state. Much like our older stands at PR - although we keen them in better nick than your rivals. I was in the upper tier right in the gods. But great view.

Thanks for our goal and moment! It was bedlam in the away end. But we then shot ourselves in the foot with multiple errors - including from ex-player Muric. But you hit the cross bar square on twice so score was probably right. Delap was good for us and a beast. But he was isolated. We also didn’t turn moments of threat into actual chances. But we’re still in transition with lots of new players coming in, including Philips.

I was really impressed with Lewis and Savinho. I hadn’t got the hype around Lewis, but he is sublime and all over the pitch. Halland is a beast, and sadly Town are going to learn that in the top flight, you get punished by errors.

Anyway a good day out. This video from the main Ipswich fan site is worth a view, sense of the away day itself but also come good analysis of City from the press box:

City would have won but errors contributed to you losing. The Ipswich goal was good football. It's the defensive decisions that cost Ipswich but not every other team is City.

Nice post. Shame your fans persisted with the City bingo chants, where were you when you were shit etc. I think Delap looked very good and I like Hutchinson as a player. Got a very good manager. I think you have a chance of staying up - you could definitely finish above Leicester Southampton and Everton

To be honest I don’t think you will stay up, it’s been a massive step just to get there, although at the moment there are team performing worse than yourselves but it’s early season and some clubs are notoriously slow out of the blocks, I have read on your forums that you think you will be battling it out with the likes of Fulham etc, but there are no easy games, enjoy the ride if your club learns the lessons it will take a few years of yo-young before they become established, also you are going to see loads of Var anomalies sometimes in your favour sometimes not, get used to it, also get used to PL crowds being quieter than the championship, it’s just the way it is I’m afraid

A billion pounds…

I think right now it's 50/50 if you stay up. Ask me again at Xmas.

You talk about Fulham as if they're fucking Blackpool a bit like Luton fans last year. I suspect you're going to have your eyes opened a little when you play the "easy teams". The gap between the Championship and the PL is a chasm you've not fully appreciated yet. Wait until just after Xmas when yellow cards and injuries stack up and you have to go deep into your squad, then well see what you've got.

You played a City team at about 80% fitness, most 1st teamers have had no pre-season post Euros. Also without the Leagues two best players from last year, Foden and Rodri and still got bummed. After you scored with your only shot, we took our foot off the gas when you camped in your own box the entirety of the 2nd half by which time, the game was already won. If the 2 efforts that hit the woodwork go in, they often do here, it's likely 6 or 7 and a proper good hiding.

Just for your Info people leave early all the time when the result is not in the balance and partly because the transport infrastructure is fucking garbage unfortunately and quite frankly you're small fry on the big stage. Not meant to be disparaging but it's a fact.

As for the WWYWYWS, cheats and
still wont sing chants , oh do fuck off it's so small time.

I should say well done on selling out your allocation and you were loud and proud which is admirable. Just like our away support is and always has been as you will witness later this season. Unfortunately there is no silverware or plaudits for "best singers".

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.