Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BluePhil8 said:
I'm sorry, have I read that right?

Some people in this thread DON'T think the match against Southampton is a dead rubber?

How? How can anyone say that with a straight face?

We are mathematically assured of 2nd. We have disgraced ourselves throughout the majority of this season. Yaya, Milner and Lampard have made no secret of their desire to leave the club this summer. Others like Jovetic and Dzeko are nearly certain to follow them. I'd give Yaya and Lampard a spot on the bench so he can come on for his farewell late on, the rest can be dropped completely as far as I care.

If you genuinely value James Milner getting a last run out before joining Liverpool for free, or Jovetic sitting on our bench yet again after scoring 5 goals all season before the future of this club then you are mental.

This is the definition of a nothing game, something we aren't blessed with often. It'd be an absolute failure for us if we persist as normal.

Sorry, have I read that right? We've "disgraced ourselves for the majority of the season"?

For what it's worth, I do think we should have a couple of youngsters involved, but let's not be hyperbolic about this season. It's been a disappointment definitely, but we've hardly disgraced ourselves by finishing second.

Ric said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Some people in this thread DON'T think the match against Southampton is a dead rubber?

We are mathematically assured of 2nd. We have disgraced ourselves throughout the majority of this season. Yaya, Milner and Lampard have made no secret of their desire to leave the club this summer. Others like Jovetic and Dzeko are nearly certain to follow them. I'd give Yaya and Lampard a spot on the bench so he can come on for his farewell late on, the rest can be dropped completely as far as I care.

If you genuinely value James Milner getting a last run out before joining Liverpool for free, or Jovetic sitting on our bench yet again after scoring 5 goals all season before the future of this club then you are mental.

This is the definition of a nothing game, something we aren't blessed with often. It'd be an absolute failure for us if we persist as normal.

Sorry, have I read that right? We've "disgraced ourselves for the majority of the season"?

For what it's worth, I do think we should have a couple of youngsters involved, but let's not be hyperbolic about this season. It's been a disappointment definitely, but we've hardly disgraced ourselves by finishing second.
Yeah, we absolutely have ric.

This squad won the Premier League last season. We've spent more money on player recruitment than Arsenal and Chelsea. We've been knocked out of both cups at home to Borough and Newcastle. We scrapped Champion's League knock outs with 2 wins before being soundly beaten. We conceded our title in January.

5 match days ago we were 4th with Liverpool up our arse.

A strong finish to the season and a collective fuck up from Liverpool, Arsenal and United has seen the majority of our fans (who wanted MP sacked 5 games ago) changing their tune and forgetting months of 442 rubbish which accompanied 5 wins in 18 games from Jan to March.

By our current standards, this has been an appalling season and that's why their is uncertainty on the manager and half of the playing staff.

Yes, you're right. It's not as though we were hindered in any way by FFP restrictions or anything this season.

@BluePhil8 said:

WTF.
I would take more water with it

@BluePhil8 said:
Ric said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Yeah, we absolutely have ric.

This squad won the Premier League last season. We've spent more money on player recruitment than Arsenal and Chelsea. We've been knocked out of both cups at home to Borough and Newcastle. We scrapped Champion's League knock outs with 2 wins before being soundly beaten. We conceded our title in January.

5 match days ago we were 4th with Liverpool up our arse.

A strong finish to the season and a collective fuck up from Liverpool, Arsenal and United has seen the majority of our fans (who wanted MP sacked 5 games ago) changing their tune and forgetting months of 442 rubbish which accompanied 5 wins in 18 games from Jan to March.

By our current standards, this has been an appalling season and that's why their is uncertainty on the manager and half of the playing staff.
If only they did a tena lady for blokes.

cleavers said:
summerseat blue said:
I would play the lads who are going to get promoted to the EDS squad from the U18s for next season and give them a taste of what it's going to be like.
They've been tasting it most of the season, because our best U21's are out on loan elsewhere.
True that half of the U18s have played for the EDS and IMO they have been our best players. Look at Manu Garcia who started really as a sub for the U18s this season, half way through starts getting in the 1st 11 and now is playing for the EDS all in under a season. Probably Barker, Maffeo, Angelino, Bryan and Ambrose will need pro football next season. So there will be a fair few spots to fill next season.

im sorry we ever got took over,wish we could go back to the days of Willo Flood on 1 wing..Lee Croft on the other..winning fuck all in the meantime,hate all these plastics that are just happy winning things no matter whose in the team,fuck me i long for the likes of Rae Ingram....

LadislavMplmx said:
im sorry we ever got took over,wish we could go back to the days of Willo Flood on 1 wing..Lee Croft on the other..winning fuck all in the meantime,hate all these plastics that are just happy winning things no matter whose in the team,fuck me i long for the likes of Rae Ingram....

You tried this argument 3 times now and it was stupid the last 2 times aswell

Damocles said:
LadislavMplmx said:

not as stupid as wanting kids who aren't good enough in the team for the sake of it...are you sorry we ever got took over?

LadislavMplmx said:
Damocles said:
LadislavMplmx said:

not as stupid as wanting kids who aren't good enough in the team for the sake of it...are you sorry we ever got took over?
You just don't get it, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.