Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way that Pellers will put any youth on the bench. He will play the players that have got us to 2nd Position. Southampton have got a Europa place to play for so it will not be an easy game. The only player who might get on the bench is Ihenacho - the Nigerian - he looks physically big enough to cope with say 20 mins. on the pitch.
Just my opinion

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Bearing in mind their busy summer last season and busy one to come, I would let Aguero and zab go on holiday now.

Demichelis is also in the preliminary squad, and Fernandinho has been named in the Brazilian squad. Could make a case for resting all four and giving Sagna, Kompany, Fernando, and Bony game time, with a couple of youngsters on the bench.

Gabriel said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Bearing in mind their busy summer last season and busy one to come, I would let Aguero and zab go on holiday now.

Demichelis is also in the preliminary squad, and Fernandinho has been named in the Brazilian squad. Could make a case for resting all four and giving Sagna, Kompany, Fernando, and Bony game time, with a couple of youngsters on the bench.

this

Have I gone mad or are people talking about resting players in the last game of the season?

After Sunday we won't be able to watch the blues for months, why would I want to see Sagna start?

Play the best team and win the game. On a sentimental note, I'd like to see Dzeko come on for a send off, and would be nice for Lampard to play some part too. I assume Kolarov will start in his last game too. Not fussed about Milner.

End of an era on Sunday, would be good to round it off in the best way possible.

Play for a win and hope for a win or a draw. We can still hold on to 2nd, no need to risk it now.

Remember some players are back from loan

Hart
Maffeo-Mangala-Rekik-Kolarov
Milner-Fernandinho-Toure-Silva
Iheanacho-Bony

Subs:
Willy
Kompany
Lampard
Clichy/Fernando/Dzeko/Jovetic
Navas
Aguero
Fofana

Ok so Fofana has been back for the last few weeks and didnt always start for Fulham so he shouldnt be tired.
Iheanacho hasnt been playing for much of the season.
Maffeo is unlikely but i think Zaba really needs a rest.
Would be a good chance to see how Rekik has progressed to decide what to do with him for next season

The youngsters that bridge the EDS and u18s sides (Barker, Bryan, Angelino, Adarabioyo etc) are the ones who are knackered. Players like Pozo, Iheanacho, Byrne are not as bad.
Maffeo however could probably play 90 minutes every day, the guys is a machine. Maybe Barker or Angelino could be on the bench, even if they don't get a game the experience will only serve them well.

Pretty sure we'll play a full strength team on Sunday, regardless of the circumstances.

Ric said:
Pretty sure we'll play a full strength team on Sunday, regardless of the circumstances.
Yeah, I reckon Pelle will go with something like this...

Hart
Zabaleta Demichelis Mangala Kolarov
Yaya(c) Lampard Fernando
Milner Aguero Silva

Willy, Kompany, Clichy, Fernandinho, Navas, Bony, Dzeko

Maybe Pozo or Fofana could get a place on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.