Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can only lose £1.2M.

None of th youths looks ready. By the way most of the EDS are no longer youths, and they do not stand much of a chance either.

Quite surprised at the attitude of some posters on here , always thought blues were proud to bring youngsters through the ranks , the last game is meaningless , a few hundred thousand quid lost between a 2nd or 3rd place finish , or we can give a few youngsters a chance to experience a full house home game and a chance for supporters to look at some of the very good young footballers we have at the academy. Would start Matteo instead of Zabs (who looks knackered) Barker in place of Navas /Milner (Jimmys on his bike anyway and navas has had enough chances) Angelino , Bryan , Kelechi on the bench , knowing our luck , if we lose the game the premier league will fine us for fielding a weakened team .

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Quite surprised at the attitude of some posters on here , always thought blues were proud to bring youngsters through the ranks , the last game is meaningless , a few hundred thousand quid lost between a 2nd or 3rd place finish , or we can give a few youngsters a chance to experience a full house home game and a chance for supporters to look at some of the very good young footballers we have at the academy. Would start Matteo instead of Zabs (who looks knackered) Barker in place of Navas /Milner (Jimmys on his bike anyway and navas has had enough chances) Angelino , Bryan , Kelechi on the bench , knowing our luck , if we lose the game the premier league will fine us for fielding a weakened team .

The last game is not meaningless for Southampton. They are fighting for a place in the Europa league.

No chance in my opinion, they can get a game on the post and pre-season tours.

We cannot afford to give Arsenal second place because psychologically it will be a boost for them going into next season, that fine detail just cannot be allowed to happen.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
I really hope none of our players see this as a meaningless game . Runners up to me sounds a hell of a lot better than 3rd or 4th and if I was a professional footballer I would still see this as something to be proud to have on my C V

dreamlands said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

The last game is not meaningless for Southampton. They are fighting for a place in the Europa league.

And it's not entirely meaningless for us either, aside from the million pounds or so more, coming in 2nd sounds a fair bit better than coming in 3rd. So let's do our best and focus on getting some of the youth in early on in the season next year.

sam-caddick said:
No chance in my opinion, they can get a game on the post and pre-season tours.

We cannot afford to give Arsenal second place because psychologically it will be a boost for them going into next season, that fine detail just cannot be allowed to happen.
Correct, but it won't be, we're run by professionals, not idiot fans.

squirtyflower said:
goat boy said:
The difference between 2nd and 3rd is £££ in PL payments this season and CL money next season.
I'm sure some live on another planet

1. it just doesn't affect the amount of money you get from the FA
2. You also get a higher share of the CL money by being second rather than third
3. Have you not been reading the EDS forum? Our lads are knackered after a long hard season playing, for most of them, in an age group above their own
4. Coming 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd is a great achievement so that's what we should aim for

All of the above.

Uwe`s Grandad said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
I really hope none of our players see this as a meaningless game . Runners up to me sounds a hell of a lot better than 3rd or 4th and if I was a professional footballer I would still see this as something to be proud to have on my C V
Plus as I have already stated on another thread - Runner up goes on the honours list - 3rd Does not

I'd be very tempted to let Aguero and Zabaleta go on their holidays now, they have the Copa America this summer.

Pozo has been in the first team squad quite a few times this season, give him a start out wide. Maybe instead of Milner, who's leaving anyway?

Kelechi on the bench instead of Jovetic.

Maffeo could start at right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.