Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're all mad.

I'm all for giving youth a chance, but this isn't some meaningless game. Second is at stake and I'd much rather finish there than in third, for a variety of reasons as already pointed out.

I can get the logic behind giving the Copa America boys a rest but for those that have three of four EDS players in their team, we'll get beat by quite a few.

By all means have a couple on the bench and give them 20 if we are winning by a couple, but we need to be professional right until the end, not sentimental.

Pozo, Kelchi and Maffeo are the only ones close IMO at the minute.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Have I gone mad or are people talking about resting players in the last game of the season?

After Sunday we won't be able to watch the blues for months, why would I want to see Sagna start?

Play the best team and win the game. On a sentimental note, I'd like to see Dzeko come on for a send off, and would be nice for Lampard to play some part too. I assume Kolarov will start in his last game too. Not fussed about Milner.

End of an era on Sunday, would be good to round it off in the best way possible.

9cd44b71e7891ac24891300c78900713.jpg

So you don't want to rest players because you won't see them for months and want the best team to win the match, BUT you want to drop players so that it ensures certain players get a send off?

My head really fucking hurts!

Also, did some of you not watch MOTD and see what Southampton did to Villa yesterday? AND what Swansea did today?

I'm all for giving kids a go and giving players a send off, but not against Southampton.

I'd start Bony. His goal today helps but he will be feeling under a bit of pressure so anything that boosts his confidence ahead of next season is worthwhile.

Hopefully he can start next season like Negredo did last season.

None of them are good enough.

Southampton are a very good side and could beat our first team if we're not at our best. With a few youth team players in the side they'd twat us, and we really don't want to end the season with a heavy defeat and the rag media given another stick to beat us with.

End on a high, finish as high as possible, not only for the extra PL cash, but also professional pride.

Show players we're after in summer that we look like a side on the up, a professional side with a good chance of winning the the league next season. 3rd looks like just another random side making up the numbers, second looks like we have it a good go and with one or two decent signings we could win it next year.

Keep the fucking EDS players away unless they're proven good enough! They can prove that by making mistakes and learning with another side so we don't drop points because of them. Loans to other Prem sides are the answer.

I think the fans at the last game deserve to see the players they have supported all season, especially after the final whistle when the players go to applaud the faithful.
Resting players like Sergio doesn't sit well with me. I want him to win the golden boot and be on the pitch hearing the fans singing his name. That will be a much better send-off to the Copa America than a holiday.

Richard said:
You're all mad.

I'm all for giving youth a chance, but this isn't some meaningless game. Second is at stake and I'd much rather finish there than in third, for a variety of reasons as already pointed out.

I can get the logic behind giving the Copa America boys a rest but for those that have three of four EDS players in their team, we'll get beat by quite a few.

By all means have a couple on the bench and give them 20 if we are winning by a couple, but we need to be professional right until the end, not sentimental.

Pozo, Kelchi and Maffeo are the only ones close IMO at the minute.

This is the most meaningless a game will ever get for City.

This entire thread just proves my theory that I've been saying all year - most of our fans don't have the bottle to support a club who wants to bring through its youth and be at the top table.

Jack Wills said:
None of them are good enough.

Southampton are a very good side and could beat our first team if we're not at our best. With a few youth team players in the side they'd twat us, and we really don't want to end the season with a heavy defeat and the rag media given another stick to beat us with.

End on a high, finish as high as possible, not only for the extra PL cash, but also professional pride.

Show players we're after in summer that we look like a side on the up, a professional side with a good chance of winning the the league next season. 3rd looks like just another random side making up the numbers, second looks like we have it a good go and with one or two decent signings we could win it next year.

Keep the fucking EDS players away unless they're proven good enough! They can prove that by making mistakes and learning with another side so we don't drop points because of them. Loans to other Prem sides are the answer.

Agreed.

Yeah I don't want to come below Arsenal, worst fans in the world and if they finished above us they'd be intolerable.

That said I don't think Pellegrini has much motivation to play youth, basically everyone knows last year will be his final year, so from his perspective why plug imperfect young players at the risk of his win % when he wont be able to see the benefits.

Said it before but I think the problem is when managers come here, even if they have a precedent for bringing youth through as pellegrini does, they don't want to do that anymore, they want to sign a crack and build a galacticos team. Hopefully Guardiola will be different, but dunno.

i would start with the same 11, no reason not to,

put a few on the bench to replace those obviously not in any plans, dzeko,jovetic etc and take it from there

first and foremost is to win the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.