Player Abuse / Plastic Fans (Ederson’s deleted Twitter)

It has been building up on bluemoon recently as well.
Jack as well.Raz has had it since he signed.
We as a club have always had a scapegoats, Corrigan, Ranson, Coton, Edgehill, Coton etc etc

Constructive criticism I can understand but abusing and questioning a player in Ederson who has become part of the backbone of this wonderful side is plain weird and disrespectful.

I suspect a lot of the 'fans' on social media are part of a wider organised effor to try and unsettle the players. It just has that kind of feel to it sometimes.

Think that George Wood playing for East Stirling against Queen of the South in 1971 was the man who ’turned the role of goalkeeper on its head”….As Top Cat would say……” Just ask Benny boy”.
That’s interesting.

of course, many have tried and failed. And the odd few have succeeded

Rodgers tried to have Liverpool play this way.
he got ridiculed and fortunately he failed miserably. It was a joy to behold.

neuer is lauded as the best. But I don’t rate him that highly. Ederson though. He’s the best I’ve ever seen. By a country mile.

Ederson isn’t as bad at shot stopping as I thought he would be.
it took two seasons for us to find that out. The opposition just couldn’t get the opportunity

For all the fans with a nervous disposition. Don’t watch football. It’s not for you.and City are definitely not for you lol

I suspect a lot of the 'fans' on social media are part of a wider organised effor to try and unsettle the players. It just has that kind of feel to it sometimes.
No it's just you have hundreds if not thousands from all over the place, many with no knowledge of football commemting for the sake of it.

We as a club have always had a scapegoats, Corrigan, Ranson, Coton, Edgehill, Coton etc etc

Constructive criticism I can understand but abusing and questioning a player in Ederson who has become part of the backbone of this wonderful side is plain weird and disrespectful.

Coton got some when he arrived if I recall but quickly won the fans over to become beloved only to then get loads of abuse for going to the rags (remeber he went to a bar in town not long after him move to the dark side, was full of blues, everyone collectively turned their back on him )

He went full circle

Like I said in a different thread, I am a little concerned about him ever since I noticed the way he reacted after the whistle was blown at the end of the Villa game. He did not seem happy, and then I noticed the same odd mood during the celebrations and in the dressing room videos. Due to past misunderstandings, I will refrain from using certain words. I also find it very strange that he had a convenient “injury” with the national team when was certain to play the next day as Allison would be given a break. Is he okay? All that and now this social media incident are concerning to me
Your'e maybe overthinking it. He did pick up an injury towards the end of the Villa game & that would possibly have mooted his celebrations slightly.

Some of you need to stop burying your heads in the sand.

It's not just Twitter. It's not just new fans. It's not just fans who don't go to games. It's not just foreigners or non-Mancunians.

We have plenty of match-going long-term local fans on these forums that contribute to the problem just as much in many different player threads.
Exactly, As has been said numerous times just look at the player and matchday threads And it's posters who have been on here 10 years plus absolutely slaughtering our players with Toxic abuse.

Coton got it really bad!

Don’t remember Ray Ranson getting any grief. Or was that the second time he was here?
Ive Always liked Coton mate, never gave him any grief. Do you remember him playing at Maine road for Birmingham City in a cup game when Coton played an absolute blinder?

I was sat in North stand with my mate and I said I'd love us to sign him. When we did i was thrilled. Gutted when we sold him.

You've got to be a cretin to abuse anyone online let alone a player who plays for your club.

We have to be careful here though, it happens on here that if someone even suggests that someone has had a bad game then the fanboy legions hit home, going over the top defending a comment based on a performance.

Social media can be toxic I haven't seen anywhere near those levels on here at all.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism. Endless "brown-nosing" of players is plain silly. Needless personal abuse (especially racist abuse), however, serves no purpose. Stuff like "he's fucking shit, get rid of him". I mean,seriously; what does that achieve?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.