Player Abuse / Plastic Fans (Ederson’s deleted Twitter)

If I start a thread saying Jim is marvellous then everyone should write underneath it that you are marvellous, anyone that disagrees is abusing you (Is that how some people are working this?).
I think it’s simply that people can’t let go that Joe Hart has left.

@Corky called me a troll for suggesting that it wasn’t beneficial in any way to compare Ederson with a nostalgic view of Hart.

Hart left 6 years ago. We’ve done alright since his departure.

I think it’s simply that people can’t let go that Joe Hart has left.

@Corky called me a troll for suggesting that it wasn’t beneficial in any way to compare Ederson with a nostalgic view of Hart.

Hart left 6 years ago. We’ve done alright since his departure.

I support the fans not the club or indeed the players, my take on that is that the fans ARE the club. Now I don't openly abuse players that isn't a nice thing to do but I don't whack them on a pedestal and tell everyone that I am a bigger fan because I love them and have effigies of them in my bedroom.

Football is like this, you tell me a certain player has had a bad game and I try to sell you my point that he has been OK without screaming that you're a racist nonce for suggesting that my favourite player hasn't performed that well.

I'm absolutely oblivious to this, what's gone on exactly here?

Comments section on Eddies Instagram and twitter has been full of snide commemts to outright abusive ahit, so he has deleted many posts or limited the privacy to followers and deleted his twitter account.

Comments section on Eddies Instagram and twitter has been full of snide commemts to outright abusive ahit, so he has deleted many posts or limited the privacy to followers and deleted his twitter account.

It'll be Mike from Mumbai or Steve from Skelmersdale.

I support the fans not the club or indeed the players, my take on that is that the fans ARE the club. Now I don't openly abuse players that isn't a nice thing to do but I don't whack them on a pedestal and tell everyone that I am a bigger fan because I love them and have effigies of them in my bedroom.

Football is like this, you tell me a certain player has had a bad game and I try to sell you my point that he has been OK without screaming that you're a racist nonce for suggesting that my favourite player hasn't performed that well.
Especially as this criticism has exploded because of a game he didn’t even play in.

Eddie will know how much he’s loved by the fans. He’s sees that in the stadium every game. He will recognise that social media can just be toxic. Can’t wait until Eddie is pinging those balls over the top to Haaland.
Sometimes it’s not the players who are bothered, it’s the wives and girlfriends reading the comments and thinking ‘we don’t need this’. There seems to be contingent of fans who think players are machines, expect perfection week in week out, or just simply take a pathological dislike to a player, magnifying shortcomings to the point they can happily spend a full 90mins complaining about a perfectly decent performance and hanging entire seasons or competitions on one player. We’ve all sat near that person at some point.

Of course there are times when it’s fair to have a moan about the players who represent us but it can get irrational. If Raheem goes I wouldn’t be surprised if some fans negativity has played a part in it. I hope he doesn’t go, and I hope this abuse doesn’t impact Ederson either. The grace and distribution of his game is a key part of our clockwork style of play, sometimes that comes with being a little too laidback, I’m sure that’s something he’s aware of, Pep’s aware of and they’ll all be thinking on it and working on it as professionals who always strive to do better. The Rags are entitled to whinge a lot at this point, we should be proud of all ours. Ace keeper IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.