Player Abuse / Plastic Fans (Ederson’s deleted Twitter)

Looks like Ederson’s deleted his Twitter account, whilst also removing some photos on IG and limiting comments.

The lad’s been at the end of a barrage of abuse recently, mostly by those faceless Twitter accounts who couldn’t pick the Etihad out on a map.

If I remember correctly, Laporte also did something similar a while ago.

I personally think it’s a fucking disgrace that our own ‘fans’ would harass a player of our club and push them like this.

Give me empty seats if this is the future.
Nowt to do with match -goers (i presume) and more wankers in their bedrooms on tinternet

There's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism. Endless "brown-nosing" of players is plain silly. Needless personal abuse (especially racist abuse), however, serves no purpose. Stuff like "he's fucking shit, get rid of him". I mean,seriously; what does that achieve?

I'm not sure that when your team is winning 4 out of 5 PL titles, that you should have a Players Forum which is chock full of the negativity that you find on here. It's pretty laughable, and I've said it before, how many of our players are regularly abused in those threads. We're WAY past constructive criticism.

I also have to say that endless "brown nosing" of a squad that has won what our squad has should be the norm on a Manchester City forum. Baffles me why so many of our own are so intent on putting marbles in their mouths and talking about this team and our players like they're auditioning for a job at The Athletic or the Guardian. If I wanted to read that sort of 'constructive' criticism, I'd go to those places.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism. Endless "brown-nosing" of players is plain silly. Needless personal abuse (especially racist abuse), however, serves no purpose. Stuff like "he's fucking shit, get rid of him". I mean,seriously; what does that achieve?

Weird post that tbh.

Eddie will know how much he’s loved by the fans. He’s sees that in the stadium every game. He will recognise that social media can just be toxic. Can’t wait until Eddie is pinging those balls over the top to Haaland.

That's a shame but it's the way the Internet is these days. Pretty sure every club in the country with a sizeable fanbase online have had at least one player bullied to the extent they delete their accounts or limit comments.

This season alone Reece James, Alonso and Mount have had to restrict comments because of this. Pulisic just the other day deleted a bunch of pictures on IG because people were saying the most vile things about the recent school shooting and connecting that terrible tragedy to his inability to score consistently on the pitch.

Ederson has been a top 2 keeper in this league since the day he arrived. Top 5 Europe and he is perfect for the way City. I can't think of a single keeper who fits City's style of play like a glove.

You'll get a lot of sighs with that post Jim and I for one can't see why. Imagine a post match thread with every poster saying "Yeah it was great" and "Isn't he fantastic" it would be mind numbing and would wear pretty thin.

Look at the Pogba thread and the Owen thread where even their families are targeted, is it just our fan boys that want to protect our players?

Racist posts really bad of course but even on here the slightest criticism of sir Sterling of the shire and you're labelled a member of the 3rd Reich. Ederson knows or should know that social media specially Twitter and Facebook are horrific and as for a fan base there is nothing we can do for him if he stays connected to them.

You'll get a lot of sighs with that post Jim and I for one can't see why. Imagine a post match thread with every poster saying "Yeah it was great" and "Isn't he fantastic" it would be mind numbing and would wear pretty thin.

Look at the Pogba thread and the Owen thread where even their families are targeted, is it just our fan boys that want to protect our players?

Racist posts really bad of course but even on here the slightest criticism of sir Sterling of the shire and you're labelled a member of the 3rd Reich. Ederson knows or should know that social media specially Twitter and Facebook are horrific and as for a fan base there is nothing we can do for him if he stays connected to them.
I've already got a couple. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Player should private their account in social media and restrict only using it for friends, colleague and family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.