Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

Grob said:
raymondkl92 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Has to be one of the worst performances I've ever seen by a fullback, absolute disgrace.
Didn't watch the game, it surely wasn't this bad????

It was. Kolarlov had no interest in this game.

He's a liability and should have been jettisoned after we won the league in 2012 when it was clear he doesn't have the bottle for the fight and quite simply cannot defend

I can assume he only got a new contract in the summer due to FFP and us not being able to replace him within the budget.

I think its brilliant that he can kick it really hard but surely there are players who can do that, defend, and generally run about a bit?

An embarrassment today

Strange as he played on 30 mins the previous game so couldn't have been tired. Anyway Gael should be back for the next game and probably Kolarov will have to settle for FA cup for now although I'd have liked to see Angellino play that tournament.

Aleks Kolarov - take a bow is the thread title.

Should it be Aleks Kolarov - take a bow out of the club. ?

Strange - because he got some positive re-action after the Palace game. We just love scapegoats - Edghill , Power , and many more.

There seem to be a lot of populist reactionaries here to the Kolarov performance. I wonder what many of you think about his performance against Crystal Palace. Kolarov did not play well yesterday, that is for sure but to suggest that he is not good enough to play LB for the team or he should never play LB gain this season or he is the worst thing that ever happened to City in the history of the world of the galaxy of the universe is really laughable, whilst it is difficult to laugh in this context after the frankly saddening waste of two points yesterday.

He had a bad game and was probably the worst of the lot of players who also switched off in the second half but generally Kolarov has played well this season in the left back position and this is one of very few times this season where he has had an off game. The title of this thread for one should enable people recall certain things about his performances this season. They should also know that it is all about mustering momentum and consistency- Clichy played well when he had some games in a row after kolarov got injured. This allowed him to build up rhythm and momentum and got back to good form. Kolarov also played a lot of games earlier on in the season and was for the most part comfortable and solid because he had confidence from being selected and playing in every game. He has been injured recently and is trying to regain that confidence and momentum that playing regularly brings.

I have always said that Kolarov is a ready made left sided midfielder because he holds the ball up fairly well and has the best left foot in the premier league so not only can he put exceptionally crosses in the box like he did for Silva against Crystal Palace, he is also a threat from outside and around the box with his shooting ability. The glaring flaw to his game is the lack of pace and lack of flexibility when it comes to defending and adjusting to situations but I believe he has alleviated and hidden those flaws this season and as a whole has played well.

We can certainly improve on him, that is for sure but I say that the reactionary criticism he is getting here and the extending accusations of him not having respect, or does not care or refused to sing on Christmas..............OK, that is true.............Damn you Kolarov, Damn you!!!!!!,...., is uncalled for and simple is not the case, apart from the singing bit of course. I suppose it is understandable after the depressing end to the game yesterday as people will always look for a scapegoat and someone to direct their frustrations and anger and Kolarov is probably the most qualified candidate if you want to look at it that way but my point is that there is no need to get crazy.

Kolarov had a bad game yesterday but that is where it ends. The next game is on Thursday and all the players should look to amend their wrongs and not drop points from very good positions.

Blueband Brother said:
There seem to be a lot of populist reactionaries here to the Kolarov performance. I wonder what many of you think about his performance against Crystal Palace. Kolarov did not play well yesterday, that is for sure but to suggest that he is not good enough to play LB for the team or he should never play LB gain this season or he is the worst thing that ever happened to City in the history of the world of the galaxy of the universe is really laughable, whilst it is difficult to laugh in this context after the frankly saddening waste of two points yesterday.

He had a bad game and was probably the worst of the lot of players who also switched off in the second half but generally Kolarov has played well this season in the left back position and this is one of very few times this season where he has had an off game. The title of this thread for one should enable people recall certain things about his performances this season. They should also know that it is all about mustering momentum and consistency- Clichy played well when he had some games in a row after kolarov got injured. This allowed him to build up rhythm and momentum and got back to good form. Kolarov also played a lot of games earlier on in the season and was for the most part comfortable and solid because he had confidence from being selected and playing in every game. He has been injured recently and is trying to regain that confidence and momentum that playing regularly brings.

I have always said that Kolarov is a ready made left sided midfielder because he holds the ball up fairly well and has the best left foot in the premier league so not only can he put exceptionally crosses in the box like he did for Silva against Crystal Palace, he is also a threat from outside and around the box with his shooting ability. The glaring flaw to his game is the lack of pace and lack of flexibility when it comes to defending and adjusting to situations but I believe he has alleviated and hidden those flaws this season and as a whole has played well.

We can certainly improve on him, that is for sure but I say that the reactionary criticism he is getting here and the extending accusations of him not having respect, or does not care or refused to sing on Christmas..............OK, that is true.............Damn you Kolarov, Damn you!!!!!!,...., is uncalled for and simple is not the case, apart from the singing bit of course. I suppose it is understandable after the depressing end to the game yesterday as people will always look for a scapegoat and someone to direct their frustrations and anger and Kolarov is probably the most qualified candidate if you want to look at it that way but my point is that there is no need to get crazy.

Kolarov had a bad game yesterday but that is where it ends. The next game is on Thursday and all the players should look to amend their wrongs and not drop points from very good positions.
A lot of what you have said is fair comment.

Fans always like a good old fashioned witch hunt and at the moment Kolarov is the target of the boo boys. Funnily enough a lot of us thought he was playing well this season until he got injured. He did have a poor game yesterday. There is no doubt about that. However to be fair to him he is probably working his way back to fitness after the injury, and like most players it takes time to get back into the rhythm of playing.

Personally I found his performance yesterday frustrating because he looked like he wasn't putting in 100%. This is why fans love Zab. He puts his body on the line, whereas Kolarov on occasions doesn't seem to have the same level of commitment.

However we move on to the next game. We have to hope that Kolarov gets back into form quickly because Clichy can't play every game (assuming we don't buy a left back in the window).

His performance yesterday was nothing to do with a lack of form or him having a "poor" game. This club the last few years has been built around the "#together" and "we fight till the end" motto's, Kolarov yesterday gave up and downed tools leaving an inexperienced centre half already under quite intense media scrutiny fend for himself. Added to that he spent the entire second half arguing with fans to get behind the team, despite showing a complete lack of commitment himself. Zabaleta has had a few shockers, so has Vinny, so has Aguero, Silva, Milner etc. but the difference is they fight and never give up, Kolarov did and that as a fan is unforgiveable.

My post yesterday was a bit OTT but I stand by it completely, he should never ever wear that shirt again. There was no difference in what he did yesterday and Tevez refusing to play in Munich, it was disrespectful to the club, his team mates and more importantly to the fans who pay his wages.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
VOOMER said:
Neither Clichy, or AK is good enough. If one is picked we lose attacking prowess and with the other defensive strength. We paid a combined fee of £25 million for two left backs who haven't been challenged from within. Good value, but they are both nearing 30, yet another example of good recruitment if you want to be another Arsenal. The bigger problem was the woeful Fernando. No one has come near De Jong in terms of reading danger signs. The second half was embarrassing and all staff involved should should be on notice, not just one player.

Oh so true! The combined qualities of GazBaz and Nige are not too evident in the mix of players who start. We have a fantastic attacking force but even though we have quality defenders our defence looks vulnerable every time we have to defend! But there again, I've thought for sixty years that with every oppo attack we are gonna concede!!

It's even worse when you consider we have spent around £28 million on Garcia and Fernando to replace De Jong and neither are an upgrade.

Blueband Brother said:

+1 Spot on!

The thread title should be changed to "Aleks Kolarov - Take a bow and arrow and aim it at yourself."
Never ever in a million years is he a better defender than Clichy and thats what I want first and foremost in a full back ... the ability to defend.The pace of a fucking slug on a pair of elbow crutches.

So Kolarov's the booboy of choice now Navas has improved slightly, have I got that right? I'm just keen to keep up.........

Out of interest, given everyone wants to appear to offload him, who would you replace him with????!!!

Bad day at the office for him yesterday, that's not up for debate. But as others have pointed out, Clichy has played far worse this season but has seemed to have put this behind him

oakiecokie said:
The thread title should be changed to "Aleks Kolarov - Take a bow and arrow and aim it at yourself."
Never ever in a million years is he a better defender than Clichy and thats what I want first and foremost in a full back ... the ability to defend.The pace of a fucking slug on a pair of elbow crutches.

I'd prefer, "Aleks Kolarov - take a shit"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.