Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

peter.evans said:
cleavers said:
peter.evans said:
Kolarov wasn't the only one who had a shit game yesterday the biggest problem was Mangala and Fernando.
Correct, but maybe the covering for Kolarov was their issue ? Commenting on a performance has nothing to do with "booboy" status, he was just dogshit yesterday, and people have a right to say so.

He didn't look fit (my missus, who's not exactly a regular, made that comment without any prompting from me after about 15 minutes), he should have been taken off at half time, he offered nothing good defensively, or going forward. Mangala spent most of the game covering two positions, and he was far from his best as a result, while Fernando started OK, but got steadily worse as our left side got done, they even started hitting long balls to that side it was so obvious.
I think it does because you should not single out individual players. We play as a team and sometimes the opposition actually beats us or takes a point. I'm sure Kolarov is a well respected member of the squad by the players if not some of our fans who are basically thick as pig shit. However you do make some fair points.

Do you honestly believe Kolarov gave 100% commitment yesterday?

If you genuinely do then I appreciate your opinion but I and many others on here, in the stands, concourses and car parks walking back to the car didn't.

fatbloke said:
peter.evans said:
cleavers said:
Correct, but maybe the covering for Kolarov was their issue ? Commenting on a performance has nothing to do with "booboy" status, he was just dogshit yesterday, and people have a right to say so.

He didn't look fit (my missus, who's not exactly a regular, made that comment without any prompting from me after about 15 minutes), he should have been taken off at half time, he offered nothing good defensively, or going forward. Mangala spent most of the game covering two positions, and he was far from his best as a result, while Fernando started OK, but got steadily worse as our left side got done, they even started hitting long balls to that side it was so obvious.
I think it does because you should not single out individual players. We play as a team and sometimes the opposition actually beats us or takes a point. I'm sure Kolarov is a well respected member of the squad by the players if not some of our fans who are basically thick as pig shit. However you do make some fair points.

If you genuinely do then I appreciate your opinion but I and many others on here, in the stands, concourses and car parks walking back to the car didn't.

Do you work mate? Would you able to do your best if there was a bunch of boo boys - who are supposed to be supporting you - but just groan every time you make a mistake?

In answer to your question I start from the position of assuming the lads are giving a 100 percent.

Tim of the Oak said:
fatbloke said:
peter.evans said:

Do you work mate? Would you able to do your best if there was a bunch of boo boys - who are supposed to be supporting you - but just groan every time you make a mistake?

In answer to your question I start from the position of assuming the lads are giving a 100 percent.

The trouble is if a player isn't 100% right in fitness, confidence and mentality then they will never look like they are giving 100% anyway. Look at Dzeko in ROme he was giving about 150%, he gave everything, he was blowing crazily and his injury a few days later was almost certainly as a result. but here on Bluemoon and on Twitter the internet warriors were out hammering him all game for his lazy performance and not trying - now half a brain cell would have made it quite obvious this was not the case but it didn't help.

Kolarov is not match fit, he is not confident both as a result of injury and I think yesterday he couldn't play as he wanted to and he let some of the fans get on his nerves which meant he wasn't mentally 100% either. he should have been subbed. Some of our fans aren't happy unless they are mercilessly slating off a player and frankly I would rather they are doing this internet bullying than treating people in their real lives like this. It is always the case that some people only feel better about themselves with a scape goat - human nature unfortunately.

I think he started giving 100% but it was probably 100% of 75% and he did look rattled later and I think he should have been subbed. Good player a key part of our squad - 30 prem games in a title winning side last year. A bit of encouragement and support might have actually helped him!

EalingBlue2 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
fatbloke said:

The trouble is if a player isn't 100% right in fitness, confidence and mentality then they will never look like they are giving 100% anyway. Look at Dzeko in ROme he was giving about 150%, he gave everything, he was blowing crazily and his injury a few days later was almost certainly as a result. but here on Bluemoon and on Twitter the internet warriors were out hammering him all game for his lazy performance and not trying - now half a brain cell would have made it quite obvious this was not the case but it didn't help.

Kolarov is not match fit, he is not confident both as a result of injury and I think yesterday he couldn't play as he wanted to and he let some of the fans get on his nerves which meant he wasn't mentally 100% either. he should have been subbed. Some of our fans aren't happy unless they are mercilessly slating off a player and frankly I would rather they are doing this internet bullying than treating people in their real lives like this. It is always the case that some people only feel better about themselves with a scape goat - human nature unfortunately.

I think he started giving 100% but it was probably 100% of 75% and he did look rattled later and I think he should have been subbed. Good player a key part of our squad - 30 prem games in a title winning side last year. A bit of encouragement and support might have actually helped him!

I sit in 307 and there was one moron in 306 in particular slating him from about 5 minutes onwards. Fucking bellend.

Bilboblue said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Tim of the Oak said:

I sit in 307 and there was one moron in 306 in particular slating him from about 5 minutes onwards. Fucking bellend.

Thank fuck you can`t hear me in 324 then. ;)

Bilboblue said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Tim of the Oak said:

I got on the coach home and still had a guy complaining about Kolarov - just as the same guy had been doing in the bar before kick off. That said I shouldn't have told him to fcucking shut up but I felt better for it.

I agree with Ealing2's very good post that fitness and then frustration contributed to Alrks having a poor game.

oakiecokie said:
Bilboblue said:
EalingBlue2 said:

I like Kolarov and he's been a great servant but he didn't seem right early doors on Sunday.
I'm in 318 and felt myself groaning each time he fluffed a pass.
Why he wasn't subbed along with Fernando il never know
Anyway.........expecting a goal against sheff wed!!!! ;-)
Inter Milan late jan???

david whites spike said:
oakiecokie said:
Bilboblue said:

I like Kolarov and he's been a great servant but he didn't seem right early doors on Sunday.
I'm in 318 and felt myself groaning each time he fluffed a pass.
Why he wasn't subbed along with Fernando il never know
Anyway.........expecting a goal against sheff wed!!!! ;-)
Inter Milan late jan???

I had it at Roma and Chelsea when I was over with clowns going on about Yaya. Every time he touched it the guy behind (and they were different guys at the two matches because they sat in different places) criticized it for being lazy or poor or shite (even when in 90% of the cases the pass reached the intended recipient). yaya was slagged off for everything he did and everything he didn't do, for getting it right for getting it wrong it was embarrassing. Basically someone paid 50 quid to spend 90 minutes (and half time) slagging off everything that Yaya did. Conversely when Jimmy put a pass off the pitch it was nice try Jimmy lad. Goes to show that some people decide who they are going to moan about and they do so regardless of what actually happens. Reminds me a bit of the story about when he was sat in the stand listening to the bloke in front saying f off Lake, your shit lake, that's a terrible pass Lake I think some of the people on here who slag off their chosen victim be it Kolarov, Navas, Fernando, yaya or whoever it may be will slag them off regardless, will forget everything good they ever do and pursue the narrative whatever. As we win games and as the player assists or scores they go quiet because they look like idiots otherwise but the second we have a bad game and don't win they are back on slagging the player and trying to out do the other haters!

Tim of the Oak said:
fatbloke said:
peter.evans said:

Just like Robinho, Elano and Jo gave 100%?

And yes I do work and no I probably wouldn't be able to do my best, admittedly, but I'd have a fucking good try.

No one expects a player to play well, they do however expect them to at least try. If I walked into a customers building to fix a server and turned round and said "fuck that not today I can't be arsed", I doubt they'd pay me or ever invite me or my company back. The Kolarov situation is the same but heightened because he gets paid £80-90k a week and does his job in front of 45000 people.

Kolarov is only effective and the player we all love when he can get forward, unfortunatly when he can't get forward (like on Sunday) it's like playing with 10 men :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.