Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

B6Hsj_TCQAEytc7.jpg

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Tim of the Oak said:
I got on the coach home and still had a guy complaining about Kolarov - just as the same guy had been doing in the bar before kick off.

He was right though. Kolarov had a stinker and most seem to agree. Maybe the pre match ciders affected your eyesight ;-)

I'd always pick Clichy ahead of him just as I'd always play Zaba ahead of Sagna for league games. Back up full backs should be there in case of injury/suspension and cup games, not for rotating each week.
would you have said the same after the QPR game? Clichy stunk out most of the season so far but has hit a rich vein of form. Kolarov has a good period too but was awful against Burnley. I think rotation is doing neither of them any favours. Ideally we buy a top class LB and sell one of these two and keep the other as a squad player and use sparingly like Sagna.
Pellers has got the RB position all sorted and sparingly uses Sagna to rest Zabba. Should do the same with LB i.e. make one your starter and the other back up.

Big shout for Kolorov today. Put more effort into warming up than he did into the whole game against Burnley. Must be when he crosses the white line he turns into sloth mode.

Kolarov falling out with East Stand today. I'm in the Family Stand but could see him remonstrating with fans. His distribution was sloppy today and he was slowing the play down so I assume fans were shouting for him to buck his ideas up but he clearly wasn't happy. I wish he would stop trying to do that stupid flick inside, he totally messed up today, as he usually does, and made himself look worse in the process. Definitely wasn't his game today though, think MP may have realised it too and reinforcements will be brought in. Maybe get a few quid for him whilst we can, I'm sure Inter would have him.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Kolarov falling out with East Stand today. I'm in the Family Stand but could see him remonstrating with fans. His distribution was sloppy today and he was slowing the play down so I assume fans were shouting for him to buck his ideas up but he clearly wasn't happy. I wish he would stop trying to do that stupid flick inside, he totally messed up today, as he usually does, and made himself look worse in the process. Definitely wasn't his game today though, think MP may have realised it too and reinforcements will be brought in. Maybe get a few quid for him whilst we can, I'm sure Inter would have him.

Aleks was poor today and so were some of our "fans". He tried a lot harder to get into the game than Sagna but didn't contribute much at all.

One or two of Aleks' though balls might have put Jovetic or Milner in on goal but they seemed to be hesitant or off the pace!

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Shocking performance today, the guy is stealing a living time to move him on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.