Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

oakiecokie said:
KippaxCitizen said:
I'm on the player's side every time when this happens.

What kind of supporters have a go at a player over and over again when he's come back from an injury low on confidence, out of form, and hits a few balls backwards or gives it away the odd time? Mint fans! Should be proud of your fantastic support!

The funny thing is these people who got up to have a go at him contribute almost fuck all around 105 week-in-week out to the atmosphere. Yet they're on their feet having a moan at a player having a bad run!

I'm glad Kolarov has the balls to have a go back at these fuckers. It's happened over in the East Stand near me in the past (Sunderland 3-0 around October 2012, when he scored he ran over to the fans having a go at him previously) and also happened in over in the South Stand near the corner against Norwich in 2013.

You sound like a teenager with anger problems.
Ta

Not a big fan of Kolorov and, when the chance comes, I would like to see him moved on and us invest in a top quality left full back and utilise Clichy as back up.

That said, when he plays, you have to play to his strengths and that is primarily running onto the ball and delivering first time crosses. When the ball is delivered to him inside our half or on the half way line, unless someone creates space for him to pass the ball down the line he's fucked and so all he can do is pass it backwards or square to one of the centre backs. In the first half both Jovetic and Milner kept turning inside every time Kolorov had the ball on the wing, so it was either back inside or try and thread it forwards through a tightly bunched group of players.

For me he doesn't fit our style of play the way Zaba and, on current form, Clichy do. Physically, he's a big, strong unit, but he tackles like a weakling, he's as slow at getting back as Yaya and at times looks like he cant be arsed. His attitude in particular baffles me, if you can't enjoy playing football in this City team, if you can't give your all for these fans, then frankly you're in the wrong job.

KippaxCitizen said:
oakiecokie said:
KippaxCitizen said:
I'm on the player's side every time when this happens.

What kind of supporters have a go at a player over and over again when he's come back from an injury low on confidence, out of form, and hits a few balls backwards or gives it away the odd time? Mint fans! Should be proud of your fantastic support!

The funny thing is these people who got up to have a go at him contribute almost fuck all around 105 week-in-week out to the atmosphere. Yet they're on their feet having a moan at a player having a bad run!

I'm glad Kolarov has the balls to have a go back at these fuckers. It's happened over in the East Stand near me in the past (Sunderland 3-0 around October 2012, when he scored he ran over to the fans having a go at him previously) and also happened in over in the South Stand near the corner against Norwich in 2013.

You sound like a teenager with anger problems.
Ta

;)

He was desperately poor again today. Coming back from injury or not, that shouldn't affect his decision making when passing. Positionally all over the place and when he's off the pace like he has been the last couple of times he's started the opposition know they can get something and target him.
I was happy to see him start today, said to the lads next to me that a good performance from him today would do him the world of good confidence wise, instead he was as bad as he was against Burnley. He's still got something to offer, but we need to use him sparingly in the second half of the season and hopefully move him on in the summer.

Anybody know what was said to him and what he said back?

What a shame some of these whinging airbags can't put as much effort into supporting the team as moaning whenever they do something wrong.

With that said, I guess it is the responsibility of a player to hold their temper and not retaliate against the people 'paying their wages'.

Imagine if Kolarov, unprovoked, had a go at a section of fans for being particularly quiet and not getting behind the team. The outrage would be hilarious. Why do fans think they have some right to shout abuse unprovoked at a player just for playing poorly? Fair enough if it's clear the player is completely disinterested, but Kolarov was just having a bad game and low on confidence as opposed to not giving a crap about the result. If the fans got behind him it wouldn't do any harm, but shouting abuse is clearly going to make the situation worse. Basically, if a fan tells Kolarov he's playing shit, he's entirely within his right to tell them to shut up.

Perhaps if he put a bit more effort in,he wouldn't be getting stick from people who have spent their hard earned to watch the lazy fucker amble back when he's out of position yet again making the centre backs look like muppets trying to cover for him
Just a thought like

Kind of at the point where I don't think his attacking qualities are enough to outweigh his deficiencies. With Clichy bang back in form I think January would be the time to move him on and try to bring in a replacement, Kurzawa or Rodriguez would be nice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.