Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

Doesn't matter if people had a go at him or not apart from its not too classy but he's been piss poor the last two games.

Never been a big fan of his but to be fair improved a lot last season but that fiem is now a distant memory.

Fair enough, fans could/should put the same effort into supporting him as they would criticizing him.

Surely then the same principle should be applied to Kolarov and he should put as much effort into playing football as he does pretending to act hard.

I haven't seen Dzeko stop and gob off to the crowd when he gets moans and groans, he just sticks the ball in the back of the net.

LoveCity said:
What a shame some of these whinging airbags can't put as much effort into supporting the team as moaning whenever they do something wrong.

With that said, I guess it is the responsibility of a player to hold their temper and not retaliate against the people 'paying their wages'.

Of course you`d never dream of criticising a player would you.

oakiecokie said:
LoveCity said:
What a shame some of these whinging airbags can't put as much effort into supporting the team as moaning whenever they do something wrong.

With that said, I guess it is the responsibility of a player to hold their temper and not retaliate against the people 'paying their wages'.

Of course you`d never dream of criticising a player would you.

I criticise players sometimes - once I leave the ground. At the stadium, I go as a supporter and support the team - so no, I never criticise a player once I step through the turnstiles. I'd love to know how it helps a player to hear "You're f*cking sh*t!" as opposed to inspiring support, something our increasingly miserable fanbase is struggling to manage.

He had a shocker all round, as stated, similar to the Burnley game. Sagna not much better, our fullbacks were missing down the flanks today, no overlapping runs and slowed the game down every time they got the ball.. should have done better against today's opposition.

Not really at the races at the mo but will get going again. In Clichy and Kolarov we have two very good but very inconsistent full backs. When they hit a patch of form they are great but they never sustain it, whether that is due to rotation or it's just their nature I don't know.

There's some right spoilt brat views in here. Has anyone considered his passing was hesitant in passing because any time any player makes a mistake it raise the biggest noise of the day from our fans with a collective groan or that East Stand fans will just shout abuse at him? When out of position it is the centre back's role to cover as it is the defensive midfielders. If we attack through our full backs the others cover. It's a team game.

As for move him on, get rid etc. Spoilt.

Perhaps we should try and support players and not get on their backs. History has shown that it's never helped a player. You never know it might just help him get back to form.

Great to see that the two PL titles, FA Cup, League Cup and Charity Shield wins of Kolarov's City career have not dulled the Richard Edghill angry brigade.

There did appear to be a lot more idiots than usual at the game today, I wonder why?

Kolarov is my least favourite city player but I wouldn't shout abuse at him for having a bad game.

edit - I always wonder why a fan would abuse a player on their own side. I see it when I play football myself - some players abuse their struggling teammates rather than encourage them. Makes absolutely no sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.