Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

Juan King said:
worsleyweb said:
We have some complete wankers as fans. He is a great player and has been good for us. Is just feeling his way back in after injuries,

Agreed.

People saying he offers very little don't know what they are talking about. He was our best LB last season. He put's in loads of dangerous crosses too, see the second goal against Palace a few weeks ago, he picked Silva out with a perfect low cross.

All players can have off days.

Correct !

Hungarian blue said:
Probably his worst game under Pellegrini so far, but this shouldn't be a reason to completely write him off.

It's the constant abuse he gets and of course his angry reactions that make think that we should consider selling him. In this case, we will miss his crosses a lot though. Don't think there is anybody except him who is that good at it.

Constant abuse, ever heard of Richard Edghill, now that was bad and undiserved.

Probably needs to play in an away game to regain some confidence and the get the fuckwits of his back

peter.evans said:
Maly Wilson said:
worsleyweb said:
2 championships in 3 years.

I take that's a tongue in cheek comment? Luke Chadwick & Ronnie fucking Wallwork have one a piece playing for the scum........I'm pretty certain that you wouldn't class them as great players & we have the magnificent Steffan Savic as a title winner.

Great teams are not always full of great players

True, but Kolarov has contributed an awful lot more than Ronnie fuckin Wallwork or Savic. Yet another ungrateful clueless numbnut !

Ha ha numbnut? Why am I an ungrateful clueless numbnut? Ha ha ha ha ha.

In case you hadn't realised, football is all about opinions & if somebody doesn't share the same opinion as you, there really is no need throw insults about. I never said that Wallwork & Savic contributed more than Kolorov, because Kolorov definitely contributed more, so why even mention that?

If you read my posts, I clearly state he's good, sometimes even great going forwards, but he can't defend. If you disagree at least state why instead of throwing insults in my direction. I'm sure you know your football and understand about the art of defending, so what defensive qualities does he show that instil you with confidence that he's a great defender.

Defensively he's very slow over the first 5-10 yards, has the turning circle of a double decker bus, flat out refuses to even attempt to block a cross, doesn't anticipate, doesn't commit to tackles, doesn't cover, lets people in behind him constantly, doesn't make interceptions...

All in all he's a shockingly poor defender.

Maly Wilson said:
peter.evans said:
Maly Wilson said:
I take that's a tongue in cheek comment? Luke Chadwick & Ronnie fucking Wallwork have one a piece playing for the scum........I'm pretty certain that you wouldn't class them as great players & we have the magnificent Steffan Savic as a title winner.

Great teams are not always full of great players

True, but Kolarov has contributed an awful lot more than Ronnie fuckin Wallwork or Savic. Yet another ungrateful clueless numbnut !

In case you hadn't realised, football is all about opinions & if somebody doesn't share the same opinion as you, there really is no need throw insults about. I never said that Wallwork & Savic contributed more than Kolorov, because Kolorov definitely contributed more, so why even mention that?

If you read my posts, I clearly state he's good, sometimes even great going forwards, but he can't defend. If you disagree at least state why instead of throwing insults in my direction. I'm sure you know your football and understand about the art of defending, so what defensive qualities does he show that instil you with confidence that he's a great defender.

Ungrateful because you give the guy zero credit for his contributions to Citys success over the last five years. Kolarov has contributed well as a very good squad player yet you come out with a joke post like that comparing him to duffers who played for anotht team.By the way he has scored 15 goals in 155.appearances and set up countless goals. He has also played well defensively on many many occasions but the bully boy blues need someone to crap on about on these boards.

fatbloke said:
Defensively he's very slow over the first 5-10 yards, has the turning circle of a double decker bus, flat out refuses to even attempt to block a cross, doesn't anticipate, doesn't commit to tackles, doesn't cover, lets people in behind him constantly, doesn't make interceptions...

Careful sharing that opinion....you'll get the label of ungrateful clueless numbnut!!! Which you clearly aren't as you've just nailed his defensive qualities, or lack of them.

grim up north said:
Probably needs to play in an away game to regain some confidence and the get the fuckwits of his back

Fuckwits just about sums these "supporters" up !

Maly Wilson said:
fatbloke said:

Careful sharing that opinion....you'll get the label of ungrateful clueless numbnut!!! Which you clearly aren't as you've just nailed his defensive qualities, or lack of them.

So essentially the numbnuts are saying that kolarov has made absolutely no contribution whatsoever in five years to what has been the best defensive unit in England pretty much over the same period ? If he hadn't he would have been shipped out long ago like that great tackler Richards !

peter.evans said:
Maly Wilson said:
peter.evans said:

Ungrateful because you give the guy zero credit for his contributions to Citys success over the last five years. Kolarov has contributed well as a very good squad player yet you come out with a joke post like that comparing him to duffers who played for anotht team.By the way he has scored 15 goals in 155.appearances and set up countless goals. He has also played well defensively on many many occasions but the bully boy blues need someone to crap on about on these boards.

Ha ha ha. Have you taken some acid tonight pal? Zero credit? Really? Read my posts again. Good (sometimes great) going forwards, poor at the defensive side of the game. How is that giving they guy no credit?

I didn't compare him to Wallwork & Chadwick.....that was responding to Worsleyweb stating he must be a great player as he's won 2 titles with us in the past 3 years, so I pointed out that you don't have to be a great player to win titles by giving 2 examples of players who I personally don't think were great.

You think he's played well defensively? Which games do you think he's played well defensively? Having an opinion that he can't defend is nothing to do with being a bully boy, it's about understanding the game of football, which I presume you do. I'm still waiting for you to explain why you disagree that he can't defend. What defensive qualities does Alex show in games that makes you think he's a good DEFENDER as I'm genuinely interested in why anyone thinks he can defend.

Lastly, why am I clueless? If you can't give any reasons as to why you believe he's a good defender, then I'd suggest it ain't me that's clueless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.