Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

peter.evans said:
Maly Wilson said:
fatbloke said:
Defensively he's very slow over the first 5-10 yards, has the turning circle of a double decker bus, flat out refuses to even attempt to block a cross, doesn't anticipate, doesn't commit to tackles, doesn't cover, lets people in behind him constantly, doesn't make interceptions...

All in all he's a shockingly poor defender.

Careful sharing that opinion....you'll get the label of ungrateful clueless numbnut!!! Which you clearly aren't as you've just nailed his defensive qualities, or lack of them.

So essentially the numbnuts are saying that kolarov has made absolutely no contribution whatsoever in five years to what has been the best defensive unit in England pretty much over the same period ? If he hadn't he would have been shipped out long ago like that great tackler Richards !

Who ever said he has made no contribution over the past 5 years? You're making shit up in your own mind pal.

peter.evans said:
Maly Wilson said:
fatbloke said:
Defensively he's very slow over the first 5-10 yards, has the turning circle of a double decker bus, flat out refuses to even attempt to block a cross, doesn't anticipate, doesn't commit to tackles, doesn't cover, lets people in behind him constantly, doesn't make interceptions...

All in all he's a shockingly poor defender.

Careful sharing that opinion....you'll get the label of ungrateful clueless numbnut!!! Which you clearly aren't as you've just nailed his defensive qualities, or lack of them.

So essentially the numbnuts are saying that kolarov has made absolutely no contribution whatsoever in five years to what has been the best defensive unit in England pretty much over the same period ? If he hadn't he would have been shipped out long ago like that great tackler Richards !

Mancini had the best defensive record in the league for 2 or 3 seasons, he consistently picked Clichy above Kolarov in big games. Pellegrini had one of the best, if not the best defensive record last season and he's consistently picked Clichy over Kolarov as well, injuries permitting.

Now maybe you'd like to tell the managers who have brought us 2 titles in 3 seasons numbnuts as well?

Those defensive stats would be far better if Clichy played against the smaller teams as well. In all honesty I think Clichy makes us a better defensive unit and a better attacking as well. By that I mean that his anticipation and reading of the game gives us more opportunities to start counter attacks. Admittedly his crossing and shooting is not in the same league as Kolarov but I don't think those benefits help us as a team overall, despite making the odd highlights package look fancy.

Kolarov has made telling contributions in each season since he joined us, he's arguably the best deliverer of a cross in the Premier League but is currently having a poor run of form following an injury. Going forwards, the left back area will be improved as we look to perform better in Europe. Kolarov has defensive deficiencies and Clichy has attacking deficiencies, both are very good left backs, but neither are in the top bracket. Ideally, we need one player who displays the best qualities of both, and to retain one of our current two (probably Clichy as Kolarov will command a bigger fee) as back-up.

fatbloke said:
peter.evans said:
Maly Wilson said:

Mancini had the best defensive record in the league for 2 or 3 seasons, he consistently picked Clichy above Kolarov in big games. Pellegrini had one of the best, if not the best defensive record last season and he's consistently picked Clichy over Kolarov as well, injuries permitting.

Now maybe you'd like to tell the managers who have brought us 2 titles in 3 seasons numbnuts as well?

Those defensive stats would be far better if Clichy played against the smaller teams as well. In all honesty I think Clichy makes us a better defensive unit and a better attacking as well. By that I mean that his anticipation and reading of the game gives us more opportunities to start counter attacks. Admittedly his crossing and shooting is not in the same league as Kolarov but I don't think those benefits help us as a team overall, despite making the odd highlights package look fancy.

Maybe some of the people who think he's a great player only see the highlights? I didn't even think of that prior to you mentioning it, which would make sense as to why some think he's great. Still not seen anybody define what defensive qualities make him great......which speaks volumes to me.

worsleyweb said:
oakiecokie said:
worsleyweb said:
We have some complete wankers as fans. He is a great player and has been good for us. Is just feeling his way back in after injuries,

The worst excuse ever from a Kolo fan.

Don't talk shit. At this level it takes a few weeks to get back upto speed. Same as it did for nasri and various others. He was great last season. He must be sick of the stick he is getting.

Last season you say !!!

oakiecokie said:
worsleyweb said:
oakiecokie said:
The worst excuse ever from a Kolo fan.

Don't talk shit. At this level it takes a few weeks to get back upto speed. Same as it did for nasri and various others. He was great last season. He must be sick of the stick he is getting.

Last season you say !!!
Been great for most of this season as well. Prior to him getting injured I think he was the best left back in the league. Between him and Azpilcueta anyway

Marvin said:
oakiecokie said:
worsleyweb said:

Last season you say !!!
Been great for most of this season as well. Prior to him getting injured I think he was the best left back in the league. Between him and Azpilcueta anyway

Hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.Now I know you`re taking something illegal !!

Marvin said:
oakiecokie said:
worsleyweb said:

Last season you say !!!

What??

Some people absolutely swear by Kolarov because he delivers a decent cross every couple of games but are just oblivious to how bad he is defensively. Someone mentioned further up that he was up there with Azpilicueta as the best LB in the Prem early in the season - that's just laughable.

Give me Clichy any day of the week

oakiecokie said:
Marvin said:
oakiecokie said:
Last season you say !!!

Hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.Now I know you`re taking something illegal !!
He was just as good as last season right up until getting injured about two and a half months ago. Up until that point Clichy had been having a fairly poor season with some extremely poor games, and didn't have a good game until United at home, and Kolarov was looking decent and by far our #1 LB.

While under our employment,he has never been a good left back,he has been a half decent left winger,when the scenario has suited him........ but that isn't what's required when we are facing a team that puts us on the back foot.

He always looks lovely though......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.