Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

Goldenboy87 said:
Marvin said:
oakiecokie said:
Last season you say !!!
Been great for most of this season as well. Prior to him getting injured I think he was the best left back in the league. Between him and Azpilcueta anyway

What??

Some people absolutely swear by Kolarov because he delivers a decent cross every couple of games but are just oblivious to how bad he is defensively. Someone mentioned further up that he was up there with Azpilicueta as the best LB in the Prem early in the season - that's just laughable.

Give me Clichy any day of the week

Both Clichy and Kolarov are very good players, but at various times have been slaughtered on here. This debate has been going on for a long time and fans of Kolarov ( me included ) will ask those that throw in the general "lazy wanker" comments without any foundation;.Can you give any examples of bad defending by Kolarov ? Let's see how many you comer up with ! He is an excellent player and like Clichy is often left exposed by the likes of Nasri in front of him who often neglect their defensive responsibilities.

KippaxCitizen said:
oakiecokie said:
Marvin said:
Been great for most of this season as well. Prior to him getting injured I think he was the best left back in the league. Between him and Azpilcueta anyway

Hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.Now I know you`re taking something illegal !!
He was just as good as last season right up until getting injured about two and a half months ago. Up until that point Clichy had been having a fairly poor season with some extremely poor games, and didn't have a good game until United at home, and Kolarov was looking decent and by far our #1 LB.

Correct !

peter.evans said:
Goldenboy87 said:
Marvin said:

What??

Some people absolutely swear by Kolarov because he delivers a decent cross every couple of games but are just oblivious to how bad he is defensively. Someone mentioned further up that he was up there with Azpilicueta as the best LB in the Prem early in the season - that's just laughable.

Both Clichy and Kolarov are very good players, but at various times have been slaughtered on here. This debate has been going on for a long time and fans of Kolarov ( me included ) will ask those that throw in the general "lazy wanker" comments without any foundation;.Can you give any examples of bad defending by Kolarov ? Let's see how many you comer up with ! He is an excellent player and like Clichy is often left exposed by the likes of Nasri in front of him who often neglect their defensive responsibilities.

I’m not that sad to note down every single bit of bad defending by Kolarov but it’s not difficult to find. The one incident that sticks out in my mind was the Stoke game where Kolarov (admittedly everyone had a shocker that day) had the opportunity to commit a professional foul on Diouf (I can guarantee Clichy, Zabaleta, Sagna, Kompany and Demichelis would have committed the foul) who was breaking away with only Fernandinho as cover and he just let him run away and score.

The only foundation you need with Kolarov being “lazy” is watching the guy week in and week out. Maybe the fact my seat is close to the touchline and more often than not we are attacking towards the South Stand in the first half so I tend to see how lazy he is. Nothing more frustrating when you see a guy bursting forward to join an attack and then when that breaks down he is just casually jogging back while the players like Milner, Fernando and Fernandinho cover his position more times than they should be.
He rarely wins a 50/50 tackle which again you could not say the same about Zaba, Sagna and Clichy unless he is challenging someone as soft as him.

Unfortunately for Kolarov he is Left Back and not an attacking midfielder so as much as he does have an excellent left foot and does put some superb balls in at times he gets found at defensively far too often!

Goldenboy87 said:
peter.evans said:
Goldenboy87 said:
What??

I’m not that sad to note down every single bit of bad defending by Kolarov but it’s not difficult to find. The one incident that sticks out in my mind was the Stoke game where Kolarov (admittedly everyone had a shocker that day) had the opportunity to commit a professional foul on Diouf (I can guarantee Clichy, Zabaleta, Sagna, Kompany and Demichelis would have committed the foul) who was breaking away with only Fernandinho as cover and he just let him run away and score.

The only foundation you need with Kolarov being “lazy” is watching the guy week in and week out. Maybe the fact my seat is close to the touchline and more often than not we are attacking towards the South Stand in the first half so I tend to see how lazy he is. Nothing more frustrating when you see a guy bursting forward to join an attack and then when that breaks down he is just casually jogging back while the players like Milner, Fernando and Fernandinho cover his position more times than they should be.
He rarely wins a 50/50 tackle which again you could not say the same about Zaba, Sagna and Clichy unless he is challenging someone as soft as him.

Unfortunately for Kolarov he is Left Back and not an attacking midfielder so as much as he does have an excellent left foot and does put some superb balls in at times he gets found at defensively far too often!

Is that the Diouf goal that five of our players could have stopped including Joe letting a pea roller through his legs and Fern not slowing down Diouf a fraction. Yes Kolarov should have taken a bookibg but it was not unreasonable for him to think that Fern would have slowed down Diouf enough so it wasn't a split second decision!

Tim of the Oak said:
Goldenboy87 said:
peter.evans said:

Is that the Diouf goal that five of our players could have stopped including Joe letting a pea roller through his legs and Fern not slowing down Diouf a fraction. Yes Kolarov should have taken a bookibg but it was not unreasonable for him to think that Fern would have slowed down Diouf enough so it wasn't a split second decision!

The first opportunity was for Kolarov to take the yellow card, it happens every single game near enough, not sure just thinking Fernandinho will sort it is a reasonable argument! My memory usually aint that great but Fernandinho had a yellow card already and if he had committed a foul he would have got a red anyway.

Goldenboy87 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Goldenboy87 said:

The first opportunity was for Kolarov to take the yellow card, it happens every single game near enough, not sure just thinking Fernandinho will sort it is a reasonable argument! My memory usually aint that great but Fernandinho had a yellow card already and if he had committed a foul he would have got a red anyway.

Is that the best you can come up with ? Where are all these mistakes people keep going on about ? The Diouf goal was a collective error and Hart certainly should have saved it ! Maybe its down to the fact that some players are seen as heros and others villains, hence Captain Fantastic, Zabba ( whos had an average season, e..g. the stupid pen v Sunderland ), 'Jimmy' ( Englishman ) Milner, blah, blah blah, never put a foot wrong whereas the crowd villains are just total shite nomatter what and can never do anything right, or rather do an awful lot right but as soon as they misplace a pass it's 'should never wear the shirt again', a la that guy on GMR on Sunday after the match from Widnes.By the way if he was in Widnes how did he know what happened ? No, what pisses me off is having to listen to idiots roaring disapproval at a very good player every time he puts a foot wrong. There was a young girl and an older guy behind me on sunday who literally spent the whole game shouting 'get off Kolarov'. What sort of support is that ? What I found incredulous was that I thought he did OK, no worse, no better than anyone else. The moment early in the second half he played an abslute peach of a ball into the Wednesday six yard box that was begging for someone to get on the end of it, absolutely every moron shut up for five minutes and not one of them said ewhat a great ball ! What most decent blues find very frustrating is that we have got the greatest squad we have ever had, forget your Bell, lees and Summerbees, yet we have to put up with this every home game. No problem with decent debate and opinion, but this is beyond a joke !

peter.evans said:
Maly Wilson said:
fatbloke said:
Defensively he's very slow over the first 5-10 yards, has the turning circle of a double decker bus, flat out refuses to even attempt to block a cross, doesn't anticipate, doesn't commit to tackles, doesn't cover, lets people in behind him constantly, doesn't make interceptions...

All in all he's a shockingly poor defender.

Careful sharing that opinion....you'll get the label of ungrateful clueless numbnut!!! Which you clearly aren't as you've just nailed his defensive qualities, or lack of them.

So essentially the numbnuts are saying that kolarov has made absolutely no contribution whatsoever in five years to what has been the best defensive unit in England pretty much over the same period ? If he hadn't he would have been shipped out long ago like that great tackler Richards !

So you're now saying that Micah made absolutely no contribution? Fuck me, have you ever heard of hypocrisy?

You still haven't even outlined what makes Alex a great defender, I'm guessing it's because you either have no idea what makes a great full back or you can't back up your argument as he doesn't actually have any attributes that make him a good defender.

You also seem to be confused with bully boys/boo boys & people who are making a comment on a 'part' of his game which needs improvement.

ie: Joe Hart - needs to improve his collecting crosses
Clichy - needs to improve his final ball
Kolarov - needs to improve his defending BECAUSE IT'S CURRENTLY SHITE
Mangala - needs to improve his decision making on when to attack the ball ahead of the striker & when to stand off the striker as he has no chance of winning the ball

I could go on with all of our players, but the point is that everybody has areas of their game which they can improve upon, so wind your neck in about your lover Alex. He is good going forwards but shite defensively. If you don't agree, at least state why instead of just slagging everyone off who actually know football & who can see he CAN'T defend. You my friend are coming across like a........'clueless numbnut' as you so eloquently put in one of your previous posts.

peter.evans said:
Goldenboy87 said:
Tim of the Oak said:

Is that the best you can come up with ? Where are all these mistakes people keep going on about ? The Diouf goal was a collective error and Hart certainly should have saved it ! Maybe its down to the fact that some players are seen as heros and others villains, hence Captain Fantastic, Zabba ( whos had an average season, e..g. the stupid pen v Sunderland ), 'Jimmy' ( Englishman ) Milner, blah, blah blah, never put a foot wrong whereas the crowd villains are just total shite nomatter what and can never do anything right, or rather do an awful lot right but as soon as they misplace a pass it's 'should never wear the shirt again', a la that guy on GMR on Sunday after the match from Widnes.By the way if he was in Widnes how did he know what happened ? No, what pisses me off is having to listen to idiots roaring disapproval at a very good player every time he puts a foot wrong. There was a young girl and an older guy behind me on sunday who literally spent the whole game shouting 'get off Kolarov'. What sort of support is that ? What I found incredulous was that I thought he did OK, no worse, no better than anyone else. The moment early in the second half he played an abslute peach of a ball into the Wednesday six yard box that was begging for someone to get on the end of it, absolutely every moron shut up for five minutes and not one of them said ewhat a great ball ! What most decent blues find very frustrating is that we have got the greatest squad we have ever had, forget your Bell, lees and Summerbees, yet we have to put up with this every home game. No problem with decent debate and opinion, but this is beyond a joke !

p.s. I might add the mistakes other players make, e.g. Captain Fantastic v Roma, United red card, WBA red card, Sunderland goal at Wembley, Arsenal red card, etc, just a few off the top of my head.

Peter.evans, is your regard for the player clouding your judgement of his contribution. He was by far the worst player on the pitch on Sunday. I agree that fans shouldn't get on players backs but AK doesn't seem to want to help himself. When you are having a stinker you get back to basics, play the easy ball, time your tackles and show a general willingness to keep trying. Although he may have been affected by whatever fans were shouting he is a professional and should act that way. Unfortunately AK lost possession repeatedly, made poor passing choices and as has been outlined, didn't seem to be making a real effort when tracking back. Fizzing one ball across an empty box isn't going to win fans over, working hard, showing pride and effort does. You may like that or not but it is and has always been the case. When Any player gets their head down and looks to be busting a gut to help the team fans are far more forgiving of the odd misplaced pass. It was obvious that MP had also seen this and unfortunately this may be the straw that broke the camels back as far as AK's position in the team is viewed. Don't be surprised to see him leave come the end of the season with involvement in far fewer games between now and then.

There are players you don't like and you can express that opinion in certain ways ,booing during a game is totally unacceptable
Why people think they are clever pointing out things Kolorov doesn't do well I have no idea, ,the combination of Clichy and Kolorov is working very well as the trophy cabinet would indicate
Some wanted Luke Shaw for 30 million ,what a total waste of cash that would of been, with FFP money has to be spent on essentials like goalscorers not on full backs doing a more than adequate job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.