Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Good riddance when he goes,been very very poor in my opinion since he came to us,one goal v Napoli in our first CL game always sticks with me,but that's about it,with his fancy fucking side step/flick that he insists on doing every game he plays....fuck off

meeesh said:
Good riddance when he goes,been very very poor in my opinion since he came to us,one goal v Napoli in our first CL game always sticks with me,but that's about it,with his fancy fucking side step/flick that he insists on doing every game he plays....fuck off

The only person who'll miss him is Louis Molloy......

Overall Kolarov has been a disappointment , he came for a big fee and an even bigger reputation for his shooting ability , and in 4 seasons , he has probably scored less than half a dozen goals , vastly overrated player , who appears to pick and choose his good games . Perhaps the club can start promoting some of our excellent EDS / Youth team into 1st team action next season , the young belgian lad , Mathias Bossaerts is only 18 ,or Brown-Smith both are highly rated and they can't be any worse than some of Kolarovs lack lustre displays this season.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Overall Kolarov has been a disappointment , he came for a big fee and an even bigger reputation for his shooting ability , and in 4 seasons , he has probably scored less than half a dozen goals , vastly overrated player , who appears to pick and choose his good games . Perhaps the club can start promoting some of our excellent EDS / Youth team into 1st team action next season , the young belgian lad , Mathias Bossaerts is only 18 ,or Brown-Smith both are highly rated and they can't be any worse than some of Kolarovs lack lustre displays this season.

Bossaerts and Smith-Brown are both right-backs (I think). Angelino would be in with a shout of making the step up if Kolarov left, but promoting youth doesn't seem to be the City way at the moment. Far more likely that we would buy a replacement.

An invaluable member of the squad during our emergence as a force in English football. Vastly underrated by many but, if he goes, he goes with my thanks and best wishes for the part he has played.

Ric said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

Bossaerts and Smith-Brown are both right-backs (I think). Angelino would be in with a shout of making the step up if Kolarov left, but promoting youth doesn't seem to be the City way at the moment. Far more likely that we would buy a replacement.

The pressure for trophies , is the main problem , the club needs to stick with a manager for 4 or 5 seasons and let him develop and nurture our excellent academy players , i would accept a couple of top four / top six seasons , if it meant in 3 or 4 seasons time ,we have players coming through from our EDS teams. Always remember the youth side of '85 and went to a lot of the games with Lakey,White,Brightwell,Moulden etc , you get immense pride from seeing city youngsters eventually making their debuts. Unfortunately/fortunately the new owners are hell bent on growing the brand , and the number of titles is the main criteria our managers will be measured by.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Ric said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

The pressure for trophies , is the main problem , the club needs to stick with a manager for 4 or 5 seasons and let him develop and nurture our excellent academy players , i would accept a couple of top four / top six seasons , if it meant in 3 or 4 seasons time ,we have players coming through from our EDS teams. Always remember the youth side of '85 and went to a lot of the games with Lakey,White,Brightwell,Moulden etc , you get immense pride from seeing city youngsters eventually making their debuts. Unfortunately/fortunately the new owners are hell bent on growing the brand , and the number of titles is the main criteria our managers will be measured by.

That's fair enough but it shouldn't mean that we can't get some of these kids on the pitch in lesser tournaments & off the subs bench. There may have been an excuse for that this season, but there is no excuse next season. Even if we get a replacement for Kolarov, Angelino should get time on the pitch & should be looked upon as a possible for the following season.

Bossaerts by the way, has no chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.