Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

I just registered right now because I want to go on record supporting my boy, Edin Dzeko. First of all, his 20+ goals in any given season are all hard fought goals from open play; no penalties. Then there is his defensive ability. Has anyone counted how many times he's cleared the danger from our penalty box, or diffused set piece chances?

Lastly I want to call attention to the fact that Dzeko has been, and continues to be, wanted by some very notable clubs including Dortmund, Bayern, Inter, and Real Madrid in the Mourinho era. Do you [Dzeko doubters] think that this many Champions League finalists and winners have gotten it wrong?

Tevez's golf club said:
I just registered right now because I want to go on record supporting my boy, Edin Dzeko. First of all, his 20+ goals in any given season are all hard fought goals from open play; no penalties. Then there is his defensive ability. Has anyone counted how many times he's cleared the danger from our penalty box, or diffused set piece chances?

Lastly I want to call attention to the fact that Dzeko has been, and continues to be, wanted by some very notable clubs including Dortmund, Bayern, Inter, and Real Madrid in the Mourinho era. Do you [Dzeko doubters] think that this many Champions League finalists and winners have gotten it wrong?

You just registered now - with a name like Tevez's golf club?
Welcome to Blue Moon......

He can seem at times a bit "dozy" but for me he gives the impression he loves City which is good enough for me. At times his first touch looks like he's got his boots on the wrong feet,but since he's been here he has scored an awful lot of important goals. He is the type of player who requires a lot of love and encouragement for his efforts and to build his confidence. The lad wants to succeed with City. Good on you Edin. You have my full support.

-- Sun May 04, 2014 2:51 am --

He can seem at times a bit "dozy" but for me he gives the impression he loves City which is good enough for me. At times his first touch looks like he's got his boots on the wrong feet,but since he's been here he has scored an awful lot of important goals. He is the type of player who requires a lot of love and encouragement for his efforts and to build his confidence. The lad wants to succeed with City. Good on you Edin. You have my full support.<br /><br />-- Sun May 04, 2014 2:53 am --<br /><br />He can seem at times a bit "dozy" but for me he gives the impression he loves City which is good enough for me. At times his first touch looks like he's got his boots on the wrong feet,but since he's been here he has scored an awful lot of important goals. He is the type of player who requires a lot of love and encouragement for his efforts and to build his confidence. The lad wants to succeed with City. Good on you Edin. You have my full support.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
You just registered now - with a name like Tevez's golf club?
Welcome to Blue Moon......

Thanks for the welcome. I really like Tevez and I thought the name might make some people on here smile.

I still personally feel we can get a better player than Dzeko in, doesn't take anything away from the goals he's scored or his form which has been great over this 2nd half of the season. Doesn't make me a hater, just means I don't rate him as highly as others on here.

2 huge goals today which means if he does go in the summer it'll be on a high.

I think we would be mad to sell Dzeko, name a second striker who scores 20-25 goals a season in all competitions?

Goals are not our issue anyway, it's defensively that has cost us important points this season.

Puppet Master Silva said:
I still personally feel we can get a better player than Dzeko in, doesn't take anything away from the goals he's scored or his form which has been great over this 2nd half of the season. Doesn't make me a hater, just means I don't rate him as highly as others on here.

2 huge goals today which means of he does go in the summer it'll be on a high.
He is much better suited to a team with less rotation. Since he's been starting regularly this year he's been scoring and generally performing really well. Scored 10 goals since Jan. I think Suarez is at 13.

The problem I see however is, we would want to find a player that offers aerial threat/defense Dzeko offers. I mean Aguero and Jovetic are similar type players and I think Negredo is more in between than a Dzeko type player.

Falcao is good in the air for instance. But will he be as good in PL and happy and consistent with rotation?

Huntelaar is another option but he's 30 and he hasn't exactly been tearing it up in Bundesliga.

Who do you get instead of Dzeko? I am sure if we sold Dzeko to Inter they would give him all the minutes he wants, he would tear up Seria A and many of us would regret the sale.

Also, over the 3 seasons he's been here Dzeko has been reliable, injury wise. First full season, when Tevez went golfing, he stepped up and covered for him. Last season he scored most league goals due to Aguero being injured, this season when everyone went injured he kept us scoring. That's important as well.

Anyone notice how many headers Edin seems to win when we are defending a corner ?

citymad said:
Anyone notice how many headers Edin seems to win when we are defending a corner ?
Dunno about this season but last season he had 17 clearances. His defensive contributions are underrated.

noise said:
citymad said:
Dunno about this season but last season he had 17 clearances. His defensive contributions are underrated.

Agreed. When you look at his goal return and his efforts in helping the defence out he really has been superb this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.