Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

Tim of the Oak said:
Edin is a good guy as well as a good player. Great to hear all the praise he gave Yaya last night on MOTD, even though Edin won us the game and hopefully the title.

As I wrote earlier in the season, chat to fans of othe leading PL teams and virtually all of them would like to have Edin playing for their team.

Also, let's get this right. Pellers is taking a lot of credit for "saving" Edin's City career but it is Edin who has really kick started Manuel's job as our manager .

Never been a huge fan of Edin but he's just an enigma, scores simple goals and is generally in the right place to get them. His conversion rate must be pretty decent, and he's done it in big games too. If we were to lose a striker I bet it would be him, but he undoubtedly has a lots to offer. So why am I like so many others not a huge fan? Probably because we are brought up thinking every centre forward should sweat blood for the team and be 'one of us' and Edin doesn't come across that way on the pitch. But when he's interviewed after and in that ITV4 doc a few weeks back he came across as a really dead on bloke

A massive Chelsea fan I know told me he'd have him at the Bridge in a heartbeat. So maybe we should now just appreciate the guy and what he does do for us.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Edin is a good guy as well as a good player. Great to hear all the praise he gave Yaya last night on MOTD, even though Edin won us the game and hopefully the title.

As I wrote earlier in the season, chat to fans of othe leading PL teams and virtually all of them would like to have Edin playing for their team.

Also, let's get this right. Pellers is taking a lot of credit for "saving" Edin's City career but it is Edin who has really kick started Manuel's job as our manager .

For fucks sake.
Yeah, sorry Tim but that was a load of old twaddle including the fact that he 'won us the game'. The team won the game.

That said Edin's had a good season for us overall and can be proud of his work. Will he be here next season? I wouldn't complain if he keeps it up.

I can see why people criticise Dzeko but I do think Aguero seems to have an immunity from criticism. All the issues with Dzeko - the fact his touch or hold up play or passing is sometimes off key, they all apply to Aguero too. The difference? Aguero is a cult figure, a player capable of the unimaginable and for that reason you put him on the pitch when he is fit. It's like the Rooney argument with England, do you play him because he is capable of doing something better than the other options, even though he may have a bad game... Aguero always takes a few games to get back up and running and sharp again. He is allowed that time by fans. He often runs with the ball, collecting it from deep but is therefore not in advanced positions when he offloads the ball. He can't play as a lone striker particularly well as he is isolated. We accept that.

But then people don't accept that perhaps Dzeko isn't suited to playing alongside Aguero if it is him that has to be sacrificed... Edin has shown great commitment, he has been trusted to step in and do a job and has grown in confidence with that trust. He is the reason we are where we are, we were nervous last night, Nasri, Silva all struggling to keep their head and bang it in... Dzeko stepped up and made the game safe. It's difficult to come into a side that blew all away under a different strike partnership and the team was all a bit rusty for a while. Edin has made a huge contribution and those tired cliches of not working hard off the ball are redundant at the moment because he is putting a real shift in. You can't expect him to be doing too much defensively as we need him to be further forward. Aguero doesn't contribute anymore than Dzeko defensively - he can't defend from set pieces and he can't battle in the air.

supercity88 said:
I can see why people criticise Dzeko but I do think Aguero seems to have an immunity from criticism. All the issues with Dzeko - the fact his touch or hold up play or passing is sometimes off key, they all apply to Aguero too. The difference? Aguero is a cult figure, a player capable of the unimaginable and for that reason you put him on the pitch when he is fit. It's like the Rooney argument with England, do you play him because he is capable of doing something better than the other options, even though he may have a bad game... Aguero always takes a few games to get back up and running and sharp again. He is allowed that time by fans. He often runs with the ball, collecting it from deep but is therefore not in advanced positions when he offloads the ball. He can't play as a lone striker particularly well as he is isolated. We accept that.

But then people don't accept that perhaps Dzeko isn't suited to playing alongside Aguero if it is him that has to be sacrificed... Edin has shown great commitment, he has been trusted to step in and do a job and has grown in confidence with that trust. He is the reason we are where we are, we were nervous last night, Nasri, Silva all struggling to keep their head and bang it in... Dzeko stepped up and made the game safe. It's difficult to come into a side that blew all away under a different strike partnership and the team was all a bit rusty for a while. Edin has made a huge contribution and those tired cliches of not working hard off the ball are redundant at the moment because he is putting a real shift in. You can't expect him to be doing too much defensively as we need him to be further forward. Aguero doesn't contribute anymore than Dzeko defensively - he can't defend from set pieces and he can't battle in the air.

He's not too bad in this department! I fancy that at corners he might get the job of standing shoulder to shoulder with AndyC!!

Edin should just stay in the middle he's no good or no need to come out wide with the ball. if edin stays in the middle crosses n balls will come to him and he will score goals play to his strengths or there is no point him being on the pitch

Tim of the Oak said:

For fucks sake.
You're a troll. Simple as that.

Will you all stop talking to this prick.

thanks for finally justifying your hefty price tag Edin, good luck next season.

Is he going somewhere ?

Fap me. The guy just scored the goals that brought us back in the title race and may very well win us the title and haters still bring up his deficiencies. I can live with defeciencies in his game for our second choice striker if he keeps scoring all the important goals.

My only wish is if we do sell him, Trolls would stop finding another target to bag our own players after Balo and Dzeko.

yeah whatever !! said:
Jazzy.ba said:
Sell him and buy Bony!

fuck off!!
Second that. You can bet if we had Bony, these types would be saying "sell him and buy Dzecko". The grass is always greener elsewhere for some people. Maybe they think other team's players play brilliantly for 90 minutes, every game ? Get a grip !

yeah whatever !! said:
Jazzy.ba said:
Sell him and buy Bony!

fuck off!!
Second that. You can bet if we had Bony, these types would be saying "sell him and buy Dzecko". The grass is always greener elsewhere for some people. Maybe they think other team's players play brilliantly for 90 minutes, every game ? Get a grip !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.