Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

ws01 said:
I'll be very interested to see how he responds when Merl comes back. When he plays alongside him we know he loafs around and becomes passive.

If Pellegrini can get the two of them working efficiently in tandem we'll be unstoppable.
I for one can't wait to see both of them play well together. I love samis movements and sliva's magic !<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:22 pm --<br /><br />
Zlatan said:
vintiz said:
Zlatan said:
I agree to all of you. But it is not so simple. I think IF he was played last year like this year in HIS REAL position at least 5 games in the row he would be as good as this year. Mancini played him as a winger. He is no winger he is a central midfielder - playmaker. An that makes you wonder why did Mancini by one extra great playmaker Nasri which he played on the wings ( He allready had one great playmaker SIlva ). Would it be more logical to by one great real winger ( becasue he didint have none ) and play him on his position as a winger ????
Errrm he had adam johnson..and what did he do to him ? He sold him and got us scott sinclair.

Which only shows you that Mancini apparently didin want to use wingers, which is rarity in footbal world. I also think that he bought Johnson as an alternative. He knew from the begining that he will not be in the first 11. With the money he had , he could buy real winger ( top 10 in world ). He just diidnt want to play with the wingers ???? ( and played with 4 cental midfielders instead ). He could off buy for example Bale if he wanted. He just needed to say yes.
Well tbf to mancini he wanted city to use the 3-5-2 formation where the wing backs would provide width. Bearing in mind that city was getting tooo narrow and that teams where doing a chelsea for us. But why the 3-5-3 formation didn't work is what idk

vintiz said:
ws01 said:
I'll be very interested to see how he responds when Merl comes back. When he plays alongside him we know he loafs around and becomes passive.

If Pellegrini can get the two of them working efficiently in tandem we'll be unstoppable.
I for one can't wait to see both of them play well together. I love samis movements and sliva's magic !

-- Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:22 pm --

Zlatan said:
vintiz said:
Errrm he had adam johnson..and what did he do to him ? He sold him and got us scott sinclair.

Which only shows you that Mancini apparently didin want to use wingers, which is rarity in footbal world. I also think that he bought Johnson as an alternative. He knew from the begining that he will not be in the first 11. With the money he had , he could buy real winger ( top 10 in world ). He just diidnt want to play with the wingers ???? ( and played with 4 cental midfielders instead ). He could off buy for example Bale if he wanted. He just needed to say yes.
Well tbf to mancini he wanted city to use the 3-5-2 formation where the wing backs would provide width. Bearing in mind that city was getting tooo narrow and that teams where doing a chelsea for us. But why the 3-5-3 formation didn't work is what idk
Probably because we'd get dicked 100-0 each game.

ws01 said:

I just can't see how they can work together. It hasn't worked for a long time.

Both of them want to occupy the area behind the forwards. When both play they are shunted out wide and are told to drift into the space but they are always looking for the same space.

Nasri offers more of a goal threat and will commit more players by taking them on than Silva but Silva has the magic within to thread a pass and create a chance.

Difficult choice.

Samir Nasri

What the hell has happened here? For the past 2 seasons, I have been very vocal in voicing my disappointed about Samir but this season something seems to have changed dramatically. He looks confident, his work rate has certainly improved and he seems to be hitting a rich vein of form. I was one of the "haters" but his performances this season have seen me slowly change my tune of him. Well done Samir on stepping up and hopefully he can hit the heights of his Arsenal days!

He seems to like a close relationship with the manager, one who sticks by his players and is private in discussion. Pellegrini is not too dissimilar to Wenger in this respect, someone Nasri has great praise for. Definitely hope to see him and Silva play in a game together over the 90 and see how it goes, Nasri's running really has stepped up and I think he and Silva could torment a defence if the balance was right.

Nasri and Kolarov have been our two best men so far this season.

I'd concluded the pair of them were shite up until very recently.

Great to be proved wrong.

You could see the great technical ability from day one but he just used to drift out of games for long periods and wouldn't try to influence the game. Seems to have a great friendship with YaYa and the combination play of those two and Silva is always a delight. This season seems to have upped his work rate massively, taken on more creative responsibility and seems determined to show how good he is (World Cup year just a coincidence ?)

The 'holistic' effect... I was a big mancini fan until last year, it was clear nasri wouldnt play for him, he looks like a complete different player now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.