Player Topic: Aleks Kolarov 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the goals we concede are coming from our left side, even when Clichy was on the pitch.
We have to upgrade that position in the next transfer windows.

I blame Sterling's reluctance to take risks as the reason Kolarov is getting stick - it was left to him to try and beat players and deliver into the box.

Sterling really needs to up his game and start taking on players. He still looks very nervous, perhaps even more so than in his first few games.

Aleks is far too comfortable at the moment since we have no one fighting him for his place due to the Clichy injury. I think he's at his best when he's under pressure -- he'd have been dropped a few games ago if it were possible but without that inspiration, it feels like he turns off a bit. Left us wide open in the first half.. absolute acres of space. I still can't believe they didn't score on one of those early counters (although they obviously came close with the penalty).

It was 100% his fault on the goal, all goals we concede this season are from his side, he is lost on the pitch.

Defensively he is a major problem and other teams have clearly now identified this. I don't know if Sagna can play at left back but defensively he would be better there with Zabba now fit again.

Defensively he is a major problem and other teams have clearly now identified this. I don't know if Sagna can play at left back but defensively he would be better there with Zabba now fit again.
Zabba can and indeed has played left full for us. This might be an option for the Rags and Seville. But I think we should all go easy on Kolorov. I'm praying he will improve.

I blame Sterling's reluctance to take risks as the reason Kolarov is getting stick - it was left to him to try and beat players and deliver into the box.

Sterling really needs to up his game and start taking on players. He still looks very nervous, perhaps even more so than in his first few games.
Agreed, it's almost as if they have listened to what Gary Neville said about their linkup and have taken it too far. They seem to be relying on each other too much rather than taking it upon themselves to make something happen.

Kolorov is running into the space sterling wants to go as well however

the problem is he isn't picking and choosing when to go -he is just going every time and he is then way out of position when the attack breaks down and hasn't got the fitness/pace/call it what you want to get back.

he is weak int he air to and his tacking is piss poor and he often ends up tripping up over his own feet.

He is awful and the sooner we stop playing him the better.....

Every team we come up against attack him cause they know he is the weak spot .....he doesn't block crosses as he doesn't get tight enough to the winger, he is constantly out of position, getting dragged into spaces allowing the other man to run behind him.

Ad his supposed strong point is his crossing but even that is exaggerated greatly.

Excellent observation.

Couple times last night when AK looked at Sterling and thought, 'really, you couldn't see that?'

Sterling's inhibition is costing us in a few areas these last couple games.

What a player he will be when he realises he's not here to make up the numbers.

Love AK, warts and all. Always gives his all, even when having a nightmare.

You only have to see how much the club means to him by his celebrations after Sergio's penalty.

Needs a rest now and Clichy to take up his share of the slack.

Goes for Zabba and Sagna on the other side.

Kolorov is running into the space sterling wants to go as well however

the problem is he isn't picking and choosing when to go -he is just going every time and he is then way out of position when the attack breaks down and hasn't got the fitness/pace/call it what you want to get back.

he is weak int he air to and his tacking is piss poor and he often ends up tripping up over his own feet.

He is awful and the sooner we stop playing him the better.....

Every team we come up against attack him cause they know he is the weak spot .....he doesn't block crosses as he doesn't get tight enough to the winger, he is constantly out of position, getting dragged into spaces allowing the other man to run behind him.

Ad his supposed strong point is his crossing but even that is exaggerated greatly.

You can usually spot the "fans" who talk total bollocks by the fact that they can't even spell the name of a player that has served us well for over 5 years !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.