Player Topic: Bacary Sagna (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason why you have such confidence in Otamendi at RB? I honestly don't think he's played their more than a handful of times in his entire career and never particularly well. To be honest, the only time I can actually recall him playing RB was in the WC under the inept Maradonna. If I recall, he was terrible and both he and Maradonna were slaughtered because he was complete inept at RB after they were completely humiliated by Germany?

Who's more adaptable in this case. Think about it because people are getting silly now.

An untried 18 year old who's experience details our EDS squad. It starts and ends there.

Or.

A fully established Argentinian international who has Champions League experience and that of a quality league in Spain, and has won a number of trophies?

As a football manager, I wouldn't even be considering Maffeo. He isn't ready.

I imagine most of your opinions are. You don't seem to be realising that Maffeo is a RB and Otamendi isn't. By your bizarre logic, Bony should start ahed of Maffeo at RB, because he's a senior international. The real arguament should be, who is the better RB, Otamendi or Maffeo. That is a very debateable question, which you don't seem to realise.

It also raises the question if, as I expect, Sagna starts, how we find out if Otamendi or Maffeo is a better option should this situation arise again. Get them both some game time soon as possible I would say.

Who's more adaptable in this case. Think about it because people are getting silly now.

An untried 18 year old who's experience details our EDS squad. It starts and ends there.

Or.

A fully established Argentinian international who has Champions League experience and that of a quality league in Spain, and has won a number of trophies?

Again, you are completely ignoring the fact that one of them is a RB and the other isn't. I could make that exact same arguament for Bony or Aguero playing RB, or Richard fucking Wright.

Or.

So you would actually play Tevez there then ?

Re Denayer. The club thought he was ready but Mangala didn't want to go out on loan, so no, you are wrong. And by your argument, no players would ever come through at any top club, as they are all replacing established internationals almost every time they do. Which means in the many 1000s by now.

It would not be possible ever otherwise for a player to come through.

Don't agree fella. Don't agree at all.

They tried shifting Mangala and he said no, if they thought Jason was better believe it Mangala would have been on the next flight out. If Valencia wanted Jason as part of the deal I'm certain they could have got him, they wanted Mangala because he's further along in his career.

The reality is Denayer needs another year on loan, and the club were not prepared to risk a £30 million investment over a lad from our academy.

Risking a £30 million investment against Nicolas Otamendi, is a very different animal indeed.

So you would actually play Tevez there then ?

It's not the same.

If we had a RB that was further along than Maffeo that had been sent out on a decent loan and came back properly developed, then yes, I'd put him in front of Otamendi because Otamendi isn't a right back.

A bit like the potential scenario Pablo could be in, in 2-3 years time.

But that is not the comparison we are using, is it? We are using an untried 18 year old as the argument.

I'm not suggesting that the EDS lads don't get a chance I'm suggesting that it will happen much further along than some want it to.

Again, you are completely ignoring the fact that one of them is a RB and the other isn't. I could make that exact same arguament for Bony or Aguero playing RB, or Richard fucking Wright.

Come on man. Use your head.

Otamendi is a defender ffs. He isn't comparable to Richard fucking Wright.

Do you really think I'd be having this argument if you swap Richard Wright for Otamendi?

Of course you'd play Maffeo

Come on man. Use your head.

Otamendi is a defender ffs. He isn't comparable to Richard fucking Wright.

Do you really think I'd be having this argument if you swap Richard Wright for Otamendi?

Of course you'd play Maffeo
But you never made any mention of how competent Otamendi is as a RB, or how good Maffeo is? Your entire arguament was about how he was an experienced international and therefore better than an untried 18 year old?

You're talking utter bollocks tbh mate. The only debate is who is the better RB and who is likely to play better at RB if called upon, yet you seem oblivious to this. The fact that you "wouldn't even consider" Maffeo shows what utter bollocks you're spouting. Anyone who would pick one player over another without even considering how good the two players are is just bizarre.

Couldnt agree more.

My own view is that we are playing at an elite level. It’s going to be very rare anyone breaks through.
People need to realise this.
We are not a mid table Premier League side who can afford to give chances to average kids just to please people. Our academy generates cash. Lopes, Rekik, Pozo, Trippier add ons generated about £15m this summer. That’s good going! It does a job.
If we get lucky and a superstar comes through then happy days but I’m bored of people every summer saying give such and such a chance this season. Lopes had so many fan boys but he was just a good player. He wasn’t and won’t be the next Silva or whoever. If we have someone that will break through you will be able to tell as they will be head and shoulders above everyone else in the EDS every single game. Not a man of the match every now and then and a few good reviews. That isn’t good enough. They have to be amazing. I can’t think of any kid example over the last 10 years of a kid who was born in Manchester who went on to break in to any top team anyway? Not just our academy. Many players from other clubs may have played a few premier league games but doesn’t make them top of the tree standard.

Isn't Sturridge from Manchester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.