Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

mammutly said:
SuperSilva said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I agree that he isn't worth £32m. I don't think he is similar to Richards though.

I think we have overpaid and that for potential the fee should be no higher than £15-20m. He may come good and has shown signs in recent games that he will, but it's still a lot of money to spend on potential, especially at the back.

Dear me... the shit from our fans sometimes... please remember where we came from and probably more importantly we support ALL our players when they pull on the blue shirt...

To be frank, Mangala was the best defender on the pitch today and was heavily involved in keeping the line strong...

The old "get behind ALL our players argument" only tends to get an airing from people who haven't quite grasped the fact that this is a discussion forum.

Pmsl

mammutly said:
SuperSilva said:
I agree that he isn't worth £32m. I don't think he is similar to Richards though.

I think we have overpaid and that for potential the fee should be no higher than £15-20m. He may come good and has shown signs in recent games that he will, but it's still a lot of money to spend on potential, especially at the back.

Dear me... the shit from our fans sometimes... please remember where we came from and probably more importantly we support ALL our players when they pull on the blue shirt...

To be frank, Mangala was the best defender on the pitch today and was heavily involved in keeping the line strong...

The old "get behind ALL our players argument" only tends to get an airing from people who haven't quite grasped the fact that this is a discussion forum.

I wouldn't mind but I wasn't having a go at him as a player. I think he has potential to become great but is still raw especially with his decision making. I just think his fee was excessive for where he is up to in his development.

OB1 said:
mammutly said:
I keep wanting to be impressed by Mangala. But, he is a limited player. He's similar to Micah Richards, but more clumsy, if more athletic. He will have occasional good games, but he's not worth £32 million.

Remind us which player you were totally wrong about last season.

Far too soon to judge his true worth.

OB1 said:
OB1 said:
Remind us which player you were totally wrong about last season.

Yes, that maybe so, however how else can we judge at this moment in time?

I think he will be a cracking player, I'm a big fan of the lad, however I have to agree with Millwall that I would have thought at the stage we signed him we should have been paying circa £15/20mil as opposed to £32mil.

For that kind of dollar you don't necessarily expect him to be as raw as he is.

For me though, the biggest reason we spent big on the lad is that he's a left footer and fast, perfect foil for Vince, and once they get a decent understanding together they will be a formidable partnership. You can already see that he plays best when he's up against a physical centre forward - Costa, Lewandowski and Pelle haven't had much joy out of him.

Learned my lesson from last year when this side of xmas I was ready to take out a contract on Demichelis and then by the end of the season I was ready to let him dry bum me just so I could have his spermy poo-babies because I loved him so much. To avoid making an arse of myself for two seasons running I'm banking on Mangala coming good.

What rating did Ashton give Smalling for the derby? Any more than 0 and his 1/10 for Mangala is an absolute pisstake.

moomba said:
What rating did Ashton give Smalling for the derby? Any more than 0 and his 1/10 for Mangala is an absolute pisstake.

Here you go the ratings for the derby

MATCH FACTS

Manchester City: Hart 7, Zabaleta 6, Kompany 6.5, Demichelis 7, Clichy 6.5, Navas 7.5, Toure 7.5, Fernando 6.5, Milner 7.5 (Nasri 70, 5), Aguero 8 (Fernandinho 83), Jovetic 6.5 (Dzeko 71, 5).

Subs not used: Sagna, Sinclair, Caballero, Boyata.

Booked: Demichelis, Fernando, Zabaleta

Goals: Aguero 63

Manager: Manuel Pellegrini 7

Manchester United: De Gea 7.5, Valencia 4.5, Smalling 2, Rojo 4 (McNair 56,5), Shaw 6.5, Fellaini 7, Blind 5.5, Rooney 7.5, Januzaj 6 (Carrick 43, 6.5), Van Persie 6 (Wilson 82), Di Maria 7.

Subs not used: Mata, Lindegaard, Herrera, Fletcher.

Booked: Blind, Smalling

Sent off: Smalling

Manager: Louis van Gaal 6.5

Man of the Match: Aguero

Referee: Michael Oliver 4

*Match ratings by Laurie Whitwell at the Etihad

Pleased to see so many posters cutting the lad some slack. Some of the gutter journos should be forced to read this thread... before having their arse hairs pulled out one by one.

Helmet Cole said:
Learned my lesson from last year when this side of xmas I was ready to take out a contract on Demichelis and then by the end of the season I was ready to let him dry bum me just so I could have his spermy poo-babies because I loved him so much. To avoid making an arse of myself for two seasons running I'm banking on Mangala coming good.

My word that's nasty! ...and sure he'll come good - You don't have a cracking debut against a bang in form Chelea if you're not a good player.

Soon enough the comments will change from "I can't believe we paid that for such a young player" to "I can't believe we paid only that and we get to keep him for so long!

Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:

Yes, that maybe so, however how else can we judge at this moment in time?

I think he will be a cracking player, I'm a big fan of the lad, however I have to agree with Millwall that I would have thought at the stage we signed him we should have been paying circa £15/20mil as opposed to £32mil.

For that kind of dollar you don't necessarily expect him to be as raw as he is.

For me though, the biggest reason we spent big on the lad is that he's a left footer and fast, perfect foil for Vince, and once they get a decent understanding together they will be a formidable partnership. You can already see that he plays best when he's up against a physical centre forward - Costa, Lewandowski and Pelle haven't had much joy out of him.

The money has been paid. Judge whether he is doing a good enough job for the team when he plays and whether or not he is developing as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.