Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Sold short by a shit pass. Foul or not he had to stop the man,

Unlike Stoke the challenge saved a possible goal.

It will be next season before we see his true colours.

Fair play to the lad today. I have no problem with what he did and I thought he played well.
I think it may have been against Stoke when Kolarov failed to take out a guy breaking free and that decision cost us severely.

Apologies to Aleks if it was not him who failed to take the man out.

Dont think we have much argument about either of his cards today to be honest
For the second Yaya was obviously at fault but I dont think Mangala helped his own case by either being slow off the mark/hesitating/not reading the situation early enough, not slating him but if he'd anticipated what was to happen as soon as Yaya cocked up he may well have sorted out the situation and stayed on the field
Learing exercise for him

I think he's had a great week, and then been stitched by Yaya but made the right decision in taking the booking. He's looked good for the most part, my only problem is Demichelis has been class whenever he's played this season and deserves to be starting gams in my eyes.

A little unlucky with 2nd booking but had no idea where Pelle was earlier in the game when Hart saved 1 on 1.

squirtyflower said:
I thought he had a good game today
Was unlucky to be booked for his first foul, seems other team's players are allowed several fouls before a booking, and the second yellow seemed to be a 50/50 battle for the ball that he was stronger in
Don't think we can argue with the second booking, he didn't get anything on the ball. If he had, I suspect even the incompetent idiot might have given him the benefit of the doubt. Yaya's fault that one I'm afraid.

Puppet Master Silva said:
I think he's had a great week, and then been stitched by Yaya but made the right decision in taking the booking. He's looked good for the most part, my only problem is Demichelis has been class whenever he's played this season and deserves to be starting gams in my eyes.
With the number of games we need to rotate, and the manager is getting that right imho. Mangala is missing a game he probably wouldn't have played, but for Kompany injuring himself celebrating a goal.

Second booking aside, thought he had another good game. Still think he will turn into one hell of a defender for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.