Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Neil Ashton, what clown. How thick can one man be?

Mangala looked very solid yesterday, he will make the media eat their words.

abu13 said:
I've seen enough from him to make me believe we have real diamond in the rough, he has all the attributes needed and once he becomes a mainstay in our back 4 and adapts to th PL we will see his true worth.
next season is when he will really shine.
'Diamond in the Rough' is an excellent description.

Ancient Citizen said:
abu13 said:
I've seen enough from him to make me believe we have real diamond in the rough, he has all the attributes needed and once he becomes a mainstay in our back 4 and adapts to th PL we will see his true worth.
next season is when he will really shine.
'Diamond in the Rough' is an excellent description.
One could say he is an "uncut" diamond.

if this guy had signed for Utd and had scored an own goal, conceded a penalty and been sent off in his first half dozen league games we'd be pissing ourselves laughing

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
if this guy had signed for Utd and had scored an own goal, conceded a penalty and been sent off in his first half dozen league games we'd be pissing ourselves laughing

Doubt that very much. They have Phil Jones

And if he had kept Costa quiet,played superbly against the European Champs and was instrumental in keeping a clean sheet against the second placed team in the league.....while playing for Yoonited......we'd be very envious.

The lad is a fantastic signing.

grim up north said:

Doubt that very much. They have Phil Jones

Good one

FantasyIreland said:

And if he had kept Costa quiet,played superbly against the European Champs and was instrumental in keeping a clean sheet against the second placed team in the league.....while playing for Yoonited......we'd be very envious.

The lad is a fantastic signing.

I was going to say that John O'Shea kept Costa quiet as well.....then realised he was part of the team that shipped 8 at Soton

Yeah BUT he plays for us so we spurn fuckwit journalists & defend our players in public!!!!

Ps - not that Mangala needs defending. He's going to grow into an awesome player

Decision making needs work, but it's very very difficult to replicate the power and presence that he has. He will continue to have his rash moments, and it will cost us the odd game. But I think his ledger will be more than positive over time and those darting runs from defence will set up some major counterattacking opportunities. We are lucky to have MDM who is not only a brilliant guy to have on the bench, but also a great role model for Mangala (as of course is Kompany)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.