Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Once he irons out the rashness in his game he will become one of the top defenders in Europe.

Mister Appointment said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Mats Hummels is just one year older and looks on a whole other level to Mangala.

You've obviously not seen Hummels this season. Just awful.
He's been injured twice this season but was good last night.

KippaxCitizen said:
Mister Appointment said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Mats Hummels is just one year older and looks on a whole other level to Mangala.

You've obviously not seen Hummels this season. Just awful.
He's been injured twice this season but was good last night.

I know - he's also been culpable for so much of what has gone wrong when he's played. You're well wide of the mark in your assessment of Mangala. He has played with different players nearly every game he's played. He's not been helped by the midfield in front of him. He has excelled in two of our biggest games of the season.

could easily have been sent off again today......and that would make him a bit of a liability

Demi not perfect but i'd rather he partnered Vinny when he's back tbh

sir baconface said:
I believe the rash challenges are a result of trying too hard. Needs a bit of one-to-one coaching.

I agree with that. He is eager to please, to justify his price tag which results in him going into tackles a little over eagerly.

Next season you'll see just why we bought him. Once he adjusts to the premier league and loses the rawness he'll be a real animal, wait and see. Nastastic was giving far more leeway and as far as I'm concerned he was gash from day one, the only reason he was excused time after time was because of who he replaced. no harm in having a bit of menace in your game!

Balti said:
could easily have been sent off again today......and that would make him a bit of a liability

Demi not perfect but i'd rather he partnered Vinny when he's back tbh

Demi can't keep up his level when thinking of his age and the physique of premier league, hence Mangala should be eased into the team and the premier league.

He was superb today against a top striker in lukaku. They hit a brick wall and mangala was different class once he settled down,gonna be a big player for us.

He'll have to learn, and quickly. You can't go around doing what he did today. The ref can't have seen it, otherwise he'd have been off. And it would have been his second red card in the opening four (and a bit) months. Calm down fella, for fuck's sake. You're no use to anyone sat in the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.