Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Mister Appointment said:
Sky Blue said:
Going to be a top player this lad......

Fully. He'll be one of the top 5 in Europe within 18 months.

Agreed. World class for years to come without a doubt. New league, new country and new team mates. Once settled he is going to be one hell of a player.

blueinsa said:
Mister Appointment said:
Sky Blue said:
Going to be a top player this lad......

Agreed. World class for years to come without a doubt. New league, new country and new team mates. Once settled he is going to be one hell of a player.

No preseason to speak of. Been in the side 8 week max and people are already writing him off. Knee jerk is too polite.

Balti said:
could easily have been sent off again today......and that would make him a bit of a liability

Demi not perfect but i'd rather he partnered Vinny when he's back tbh

Problem is that Mangala needs games to become accustomed to the pace and power of the league, and he's not going to gain that sat on the bench watching Demichelis strut his stuff. He's now played against Chelsea, Everton, Southampton, QPR, West Ham, Villa, and Hull, only 7 out of the 15 league games. Think it's harder for defenders to adapt to the English game, but if we persevere just now, I think he'll be more assured in April/May.

Gabriel said:
Balti said:
could easily have been sent off again today......and that would make him a bit of a liability

Demi not perfect but i'd rather he partnered Vinny when he's back tbh

Problem is that Mangala needs games to become accustomed to the pace and power of the league, and he's not going to gain that sat on the bench watching Demichelis strut his stuff. He's now played against Chelsea, Everton, Southampton, QPR, West Ham, Villa, and Hull, only 7 out of the 15 league games. Think it's harder for defenders to adapt to the English game, but if we persevere just now, I think he'll be more assured in April/May.

He has also had to play with different personel in most of those as well. Give the lad some time. He has everything needed to be world class.

blueinsa said:
Give the lad some time.

Thankfully the management and coaching staff will. We never learn our lessons as a group of supporters. The number of players we've written off prematurely is laughable.

He might have a bit of raw ability but to suggest he's going to be top-class within a year is utterly ridiculous. There's as much chance of him ending up on the middle-table scrapheap as there is in him becoming a top international defender.

His decision making is appalling, his tackling is clumsy and his play with the ball at his feet is concerning at best, not to mention being out of position all the time. He is totally reliant on his physical prowess and for anybody to say he's playing well is beyond belief. I hope it's a case of adapting to the English game but having seen him play a number of times at Porto I fear that may not be the case.

Mister Appointment said:
blueinsa said:
Give the lad some time.

Thankfully the management and coaching staff will. We never learn our lessons as a group of supporters. The number of players we've written off prematurely is laughable.

I remember when Zabman first came. I cursed him constantly for giving away free kicks on the corner of the penalty area. And look at him now!

I like the demi-mangala partnership to be honest. Every characteristic one lacks the other excels in

Mister Appointment said:
blueinsa said:
Mister Appointment said:

No preseason to speak of. Been in the side 8 week max and people are already writing him off. Knee jerk is too polite.
Which people are these then? Your reaction is knee jerk.

My assessment was that he needs more composure and itelligence in his play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.