Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Ric said:
Thought he was very good today, and won the physical battle against Lukako which is no mean feat. The high foot on Eto'o was stupid though; no reason to have his foot that high in that scenario.
very Kenny Clements i thought

jimmygrimblesboots said:
the media witch hunt for mangala is staggering , hes a 23 year old who has come to a new club/country etc with the added pressure of a £32m fee , and the journo's are loving it , sticking the knife in at every opportunity , we need to get behind him 100% . They tried to ruin Demichelis's career , and looked how that turned out , 2 winners medals and a world cup final , the media know f*ck all , if mangala played for the rags , he would be the next duncan edwards
Brilliant post.
Get behind the lad.
The new Dave Watson. sir.
He plays for us.get behind the lad who has taken a chance,and chosen to leave comfort for the premier league...

Very lucky not to see red today. At times very reckless and immature in the way he plays.
There is definitely talent there though. In a sense he reminds me of Zaba when he first arrived.
We need to bring this lad into the team slowly. If Vinny is fit then it's him and Martin for me in Rome.
No need to rush Mangala. Let him bed in slowly. He's raw talent but currently the emphasis is on raw.
Young lad, new league, foreign country, trying to impress. Just give him time and judge him next season.
It's lucky we've still got Martin for now, there's no big rush. Pellers needs to have a quiet word just to reassure
him and calm him down.

It scares me when he tries advancing out of defence with the ball. He seems to never be in control and you notice the opposition sense that they have a chance to regain possession. But other than that heart in mouth situation, he's playing just fine.

Tricky_Trev said:
It scares me when he tries advancing out of defence with the ball. He seems to never be in control and you notice the opposition sense that they have a chance to regain possession. But other than that heart in mouth situation, he's playing just fine.

Very rag like with this one.

i wouldn't want our money back. i think he's got all the makings of just what we needed. not seen the foul on eto, i missed it at the game aswell. he can be clumsy but he'll learn.

kun said:
I thought he was really good today, other than 1 moment of madness. Having said that, that moment of madness should have cost us the game.

He's still young and will only get better, but he really needs to calm down and cut out these misdemeanors. He has all the attributes to become a truly world class centre back, but he can't live on potential for very long in this business.

Agree. The man is a beast and you have to love his power and drive. But he's too reckless sometimes, needs to learn to tone down his performances especially in the penalty box. Use that pace to get the ball out.

He's the new Robinho. The press will not leave him alone, and every single mistake is highlighted, but none of his good stuff.

Yep, his kick was bad, but you can be sure if he elbowed Barry the same way Barry elbowed Milner, it would have been covered in great depth.

As I said, the new Robinho.

malg said:
He's the new Robinho. The press will not leave him alone, and every single mistake is highlighted, but none of his good stuff.

Yep, his kick was bad, but you can be sure if he elbowed Barry the same way Barry elbowed Milner, it would have been covered in great depth.

As I said, the new Robinho.

Robinho brought much criticism on himself by his indifferent performances,i really cant see any similarities whatsoever where their respective attitudes are concerned.

Mangala is being attacked because he has been labeled a waste of money regarding the fee in comparison to his ability.Robinho was targeted because he,for the most part,didnt want to be here.

IMO yes it was rash but I do not think he meant it.
It was just ill timed.
Like other posters have said he his a marked man because of his price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.