Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

Dodged a red card and the Agenda gang should note this when their bleating. It didn't look malicious but the jump was completely unnatural.

I can't remember a game he hasn't made at least one rash challenge but it's early days and he has everything to become a World Class CB.

cookster said:
Dodged a red card and the Agenda gang should note this when their bleating. It didn't look malicious but the jump was completely unnatural.

I can't remember a game he hasn't made at least one rash challenge but it's early days and he has everything to become a World Class CB.

I can't argue about the rash moments in his game. We seem to get one moment every game, but in between the pace, technique, passing, power is special. He just has to concentrate, settle in and not try so hard.

I thought the challenge was a good one, Eto'o should have got out of the way, the big fanny.

It was a cowardly challenge and he needs to get his shit together before he costs us in big games.

cookster said:

Chelsea...?

I agree otherwise.

For me he's a bit too like Kompany in that he likes to be the one who goes for the first ball. So that partnership needs one of them to quell their natural insticts and for now it'll have to be Vinnie. That's why playing with MD might be good for him for a while. It was noticeable vs Sunderland that Boyata did the covering leaving MD to attack the ball, which led to him making a few rash tackles... making Boyata look like the more composed defender on the night.

It's the nature of that position that whichever role you're taking on determines the type of challenges you generally make.

With his pace, physique and ability to pass out of defence, he just needs to improve his composure on the ball but that will improve the more he plays/trains with us. He'll be awesome, eventually.

Bluewonder said:
He might have a bit of raw ability but to suggest he's going to be top-class within a year is utterly ridiculous. There's as much chance of him ending up on the middle-table scrapheap as there is in him becoming a top international defender.

His decision making is appalling, his tackling is clumsy and his play with the ball at his feet is concerning at best, not to mention being out of position all the time. He is totally reliant on his physical prowess and for anybody to say he's playing well is beyond belief. I hope it's a case of adapting to the English game but having seen him play a number of times at Porto I fear that may not be the case.

Just take a look at the little pass he makes at around 85 minutes (he did something similar early in the game too): I think it tells you all you need to know about this lad's potential.

He's having a bit of a baptism of fire but I think it's just a settling in period. Playing and training with MDM will hopefully teach him a lot about composure...

Marvin said:
pudge said:
That high foot was inexcusable.

Absolutely no need or possible reason for your foot to be in that position, it was that unnatural, unless you do so on purpose.
You think he tried to kick the player when the corner's coming into him? He's entirely focussed on the ball and caught him by accident
He had his foot above waist high (for absolutely no reason whatsoever), arms up and out in front of his head and his head down. No chance he was focussed on the ball, in fact it was impossible.

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4NMPobCUAActLp.jpg[/bigimg]

pudge said:
Marvin said:
pudge said:

Absolutely no need or possible reason for your foot to be in that position, it was that unnatural, unless you do so on purpose.
You think he tried to kick the player when the corner's coming into him? He's entirely focussed on the ball and caught him by accident
He had his foot above waist high (for absolutely no reason whatsoever), arms up and out in front of his head and his head down. No chance he was focussed on the ball, in fact it was impossible.

By your description and image, there was no chance Elia was focussed on studding Eto's arse either. He's not Roman!

Yes Elia has been rash in some games but a month ago some on here were saying we were getting bullied of the pitch. Nice to see a bit more aggression even though it needs to be channelled better.

pudge said:
Marvin said:
pudge said:

Agreed; it was a crazy challenge. Not sure what he was thinking of, as there was next to no chance of him winning the ball like that, or even getting near to the ball.

Tim of the Oak said:
pudge said:
Marvin said:

By your description and image, there was no chance Elia was focussed on studding Eto's arse either. He's not Roman!

Yes Elia has been rash in some games but a month ago some on here were saying we were getting bullied of the pitch. Nice to see a bit more aggression even though it needs to be channelled better.
I would agree had his foot not been in such an unnatural position and planted into Eto'o....

Whereas the fact his hands are outstretched in front of his head show he had no indication of heading the ball, and with his head down had no indication of playing the ball.

He was extremely lucky to still be on the pitch and it's not nice to see that kind of aggression, intentional or not, it's ridiculously dangerous play.

Had any player from any other team in the league done that he'd be getting dogs abuse from this forum, God forbid had someone like Rooney did it.

I like Mangala but that is simply inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.