Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puteulanus luna said:
If he makes a mistake early on he let's it effect him all game.

No he doesn't.....quite the opposite......his character is a real strength,he never goes hiding and deserves huge credit for such an approach.

Its amazing how much criticsim one of our own get on here. It's like they are happy he made a mistake so they can spew their shite

Unbelievable post ..

The problem for me isn't Mangala, yes he makes a few mistakes and hopefully this season will stand him in good stead for next season, The issue is that he is only what 24 years old and is sill what we would consider a young player.

The issue is we got shafted by Porto on his price and paid a premium for a good CB with potential who is not even a full 1st team international player with France.

He as come with a hefty price tag and when that happens you have to hit the ground running straight away with consistency, something that has not happened and probably the consistency side of the argument could be aimed at Pellegrini who chopped and changed the back four nearly every game this year

The better of a start he has to a game, the more comfortable and composed he looks throughout the remainder of the match. Confidence seems to be a lot of what this guy is about mentally. Mistakes early on really rattle him.

I like him, our best CB this back half of the season. He will become a very good CB.

I think he struggles with positioning. To often today he was playing defensive right and left back, he picks the ball out and follows it to much. He goes missing far to much for a centre half but is young and will learn from Vinny.

FantasyIreland said:
Puteulanus luna said:
If he makes a mistake early on he let's it effect him all game.

No he doesn't.....quite the opposite......his character is a real strength,he never goes hiding and deserves huge credit for such an approach.
Totally agree, some though, aren't happy unless they're slagging one of our own off.

I'm not "happy clappy" either, I'll criticise where necessary, but not for the sake of it, applies to all players and staff, not just my favourites or non favourites, its sad that some make up their minds after a handful (first in some cases) of games, and then never change.

argyle said:
pudge said:
What a fair comment from the harsh media bastards;

[bigimg]http://i60.tinypic.com/2qs29o8.png[/bigimg]

I'd agree with that.

Just needs confidence and to cut out the silly mistakes.
I agree with it too, sums up where the player's at.

However, the media [generalized because of reasons] already made their mind up apparently and only write negative stuff.

cleavers said:
pudge said:
However, the media [generalized because of reasons] already made their mind up apparently and only write negative stuff.
Its not just the media, some of our own fans made theirs up too, and only write negative stuff.
But I thought the Mail had made their mind up? Yet they've just stated that he is "a defender who has improved significantly this season". Stubborn bastards.

I wonder how Mangala manages to sleep at night what with all the comments on the internet.

pudge said:
cleavers said:
pudge said:
Its not just the media, some of our own fans made theirs up too, and only write negative stuff.
But I thought the Mail had made their mind up? Yet they've just stated that he is "a defender who has improved significantly this season". Stubborn bastards.

I wonder how Mangala manages to sleep at night what with all the comments on the internet.

I suspect like most well paid professionals he just plumps up the pillows with another handfull of £50 notes and nods back off - To be honest I doubt many of them even read a tiny fraction of the shite written about them - for a start where would they get the fucking time !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.