Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

80s Shorts said:
johnmc said:
You need to judge after a year really. Bluemoon has written many a good player off after 6 months.

Agreed. Demichelis was slated on here early doors. I had serious doubts and was made to eat my words.

Lets hope for a similar turnaround with Mangala.

As with any player it's always hope!

He started the season poorly for me. He then got better and in recent games he has regressed again.

He is still some way from being world class that's for sure. Be interesting to see who Pellegrini partners with Vinny against Arsenal and Chelsea.

rapidCT said:
80s Shorts said:
waspish said:
Who gives a shit it's not our money! For me he is doing fine for a young lad in a tough league

He's a 30m 24 year old. Not a young kid.
Nastasic was 19yo. Great partnership for Kompany.

24 is young for a defender I don't talk about money because it's not ours!

Nastisic for some reason doesn't fit in to our plans shame really I wish him well where ever he goes.. Mangala apart from his first few games has been ok and will get better, the way we play we will always have our defenders under pressure, we are not like the scum or chelsea who park the bus with cover in front of there defenders that's why John Terry has had a new lease of life..

Rammy Blue said:
Armaan said:
Rammy Blue said:
One thing I will say in the negative column against Mangala is that many of us, me included, have slaughtered Sakho at the dippers however they are quite uncannily similar.
Agreed, both have one thing in common though.... Being shit. I was so excited when he signed, for the money we paid I thought he'd be amazing but there's nothing in his game that has me believing he's anything special. Special talents you can spot from a mile off, he looks like a championship player most of the time.

Nah, don't be silly. He's got all the attributes required and will be a much better player next season, you forget how difficult most players find it to adjust to the Prem.

People said that about Micah and Garcia. Let's hope he progresses better than them. For £32m though I would have hoped we would have got a player that would have slotted with few problems. Anyone that watched Porto last year though said we weren't getting that player.

We would be fools if we cashed in at this stage of his City career.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
80s Shorts said:
johnmc said:
You need to judge after a year really. Bluemoon has written many a good player off after 6 months.

Agreed. Demichelis was slated on here early doors. I had serious doubts and was made to eat my words.

Lets hope for a similar turnaround with Mangala.

As with any player it's always hope!

He started the season poorly for me. He then got better and in recent games he has regressed again.

He is still some way from being world class that's for sure. Be interesting to see who Pellegrini partners with Vinny against Arsenal and Chelsea.

Especially given the way Mangala completely shut down Costa at the Etihad.

Ray78 said:

'Cash in'??? That would suggest we were able to find a club willing to pay money for him!

That's a harsh comment but let's be honest, there many/any signs of him being a top draw defender

We need to give the lad a break out of the first team for a short while. Kompany and DeMichaelis need a run of half a dozen games or so to bring some stability back to the back five imo!!

Trouble is we can't do that because Vinnie is bloody injured!! And Nastachic it would appear is frozen out and soon to be departed!!

I didn't think he was that bad today. As mentioned elsewhere, an in form Lukaku is a handful for any defender. I still think Mangala has all the attributes to be a great centre half, and will become one at City. I don't really care about the transfer fee. Could well be looked back on as good business further down the line.

Blue Hefner said:
Ray78 said:

'Cash in'??? That would suggest we were able to find a club willing to pay money for him!

That's a harsh comment but let's be honest, there many/any signs of him being a top draw defender

There will always be top club would be willing to sign him and we would get most of the money back. Boateng ended up at Bayern Munich and look how his career has taken off since he left us after a season.

Ric said:
I don't really care about the transfer fee. Could well be looked back on as good business further down the line.
It was good business, the trolls that keep saying he's poor, are the same trolls that said the same about Demechelis.

He's probably had 4 poor games in his time with us, nearly all with Kolarov on his left side, he's 23, came from Portugal, and been in the PL just over 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.