Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks joe said:
Dax777 said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
MDM task was not helped that Arsenal midfield had Silva covered every time, we had no Nasri, Milner was the invisible man and the two Brazilians never once wanted to recieve the ball...his options were very limited, and anyway have you seen Mangala on the ball and his ability to pass under pressure????
Mangala on the ball is a lot like Sahko on the ball, a point I made consistently all summer. But I was quickly shown a highlight video of how his clearances often went to team mates. But hey, his still young. But I still don't understand why we had to buy him this year :?

You can't understand why we had to buy him this year...!!! what would you recommend then.. wait another season only to find another club had nipped in for him..... give me strength .!!!
you have to understand this in context. In a restricted year, both financially and in the number of players we could have for CL, it would have been better losing out on Mangala and getting someone who improved us now like Sanchez. And if in the process we lose Mangala, we'd simply go after the next up and coming CB next summer.

As it stands, we lost a chance on tremendous improvement, for the joy of getting in essence at best a rotational player. That in my book is the epitome of poor decision making.

Bruun said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
VOOMER said:
The real issue is who we have bought in the last 4 window's
Jovetic 20 mill injury prone but good not great
the beast 18 mill gone
Navas 14 mill important squad player
Fernandinho 28 mill hot and cold
MDM could have been bought on a free by far the best value for money
Fernando 14 mill dross
Mangala 30 mill hot and cold but you can see the quality at times.
Bony could have been bought for 8 mill less.
Lampard a desperate but good piece of business
player's missed
Song on a free
Sanchez if we hadn't wasted 14 mill on Fernando

All in all boarding on appalling, not gems uncovered and we still really on the same players bought 4 years ago to win.

Fuck Me

Why don't we top ourselves right now

You ungrateful c**t

You want to know about having shite players?

Lad that sits next to me in work is a Long suffering Villa fan

The lad is wondering why they are quibbling over paying 3.5 million for Scott Sinclair

I dearly wish some of you self entitled fuckwits would get some perspective

Some people right? I'm fucking amazed how easy it is to be clever in here in retrospect! All those players were dubbed to help us out at the time, and was players we needed!
Yet the worst part is peoples obsession with Sanchez, it id amazing sometimes..
feel free to pull up the Mangala threads from the transfer section and check my comments. there is nothing I'm saying now that I didn't say then. I argued Sanchez and Fabregas should be our 2 main targets. I warned that a guy who couldn't oust, Varane, Kolcieny, or even Sahko ( and might have even fallen behind the dude at Barca's) shouldn't be our main target we spend most of our restricted money on. Especially in light of the fact that we didn't even have a weakness at the position. We had Komps, MDM, Nasty, and the Dutch kid. It's not like there was any rush to fill a hole.

None of what I'm saying now is a function of what Mangala has been since he got here. It was simply a function of our circumstances in the summer. We simply were not in need of a CB. I mean if we weren't being restricted, and there was a valuable up and coming CB, sure! But that wasn't the case. We had just won the league, and it was imperative to not repeat the idiotic transfer policy that occurred after our previous title.
Sadly we followed a similar toured logic of making minor improvements to the squad. As opposed to making major improvements to the starting 11.

I can't reme how often I stated most of the Mangala fanboys would be shocked when he finds it hard to bench MDM. And my prediction has pretty much been proven. Too many underrated MDM and thought Mangala was gonna immediately take over. I simplt didn't see it.

This summer was a colossal blunder. Mangala, Fernando, the keeper? All poor de ions. We only had 2 good signings: the free ones.

So,you'd have been happy going into the season with three centre halves,one of which is becoming more and more injury prone and another is still learning his trade?

And who is this 'next up and coming' centre half who is better than our boy?

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
VOOMER said:
The real issue is who we have bought in the last 4 window's
Jovetic 20 mill injury prone but good not great
the beast 18 mill gone
Navas 14 mill important squad player
Fernandinho 28 mill hot and cold
MDM could have been bought on a free by far the best value for money
Fernando 14 mill dross
Mangala 30 mill hot and cold but you can see the quality at times.
Bony could have been bought for 8 mill less.
Lampard a desperate but good piece of business
player's missed
Song on a free
Sanchez if we hadn't wasted 14 mill on Fernando

All in all boarding on appalling, not gems uncovered and we still really on the same players bought 4 years ago to win.

Fuck Me

You ungrateful c**t

The lad is wondering why they are quibbling over paying 3.5 million for Scott Sinclair

You know, you are right....this is why I think we should buy Joey Barton back for €40,000,000.Is Stephen Jordan still playing, maybe a €20 million bid there too, because as you say we should just be delighted to watch our club waste money on not good enough and just be happy we have the money. So when does the time period of reflection on us being complete wank a while back end??? As I'd like to forget most of that period.

I'm calling you out as a rag wio

Looking at your posts and you've spouted nothing but shit since you've been here

You're either the biggest weapon on the planet or not a City fan

Either way you're an utter bellend

Other than Hull away, West Ham away and Burnley at home, I can't remember another game where Mangala has been poor, but let's add that against West Ham Clichy was so bad that Mangala was playing two positions.

On his debut he was sublime. He didn't put a foot wrong all game. Southampton away was another excellent performance, and he took a second yellow for the team to stop Long equalising. Roma away he helped shackle Totti fantastically.

The problem is you have idiots in the Media magnifying any mistake he makes. Neville did it away at Aston Villa, Ashton gave him a 1/10 against Southampton when he was excellent.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Other than Hull away, West Ham away and Burnley at home, I can't remember another game where Mangala has been poor, but let's add that against West Ham Clichy was so bad that Mangala was playing two positions.

On his debut he was sublime. He didn't put a foot wrong all game. Southampton away was another excellent performance, and he took a second yellow for the team to stop Long equalising. Roma away he helped shackle Totti fantastically.

The problem is you have idiots in the Media magnifying any mistake he makes. Neville did it away at Aston Villa, Ashton gave him a 1/10 against Southampton when he was excellent.

On the money for me.. Mario ..

What you described about his performances so far smacks of youth.. Inconsistent.. He must be judged on his potential..
and if you know anything about football, you can't fail to see what this lad has in abundance ..

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Fuck Me

You ungrateful c**t

You know, you are right....this is why I think we should buy Joey Barton back for €40,000,000.Is Stephen Jordan still playing, maybe a €20 million bid there too, because as you say we should just be delighted to watch our club waste money on not good enough and just be happy we have the money. So when does the time period of reflection on us being complete wank a while back end??? As I'd like to forget most of that period.

Looking at your posts and you've spouted nothing but shit since you've been here

And Im calling you out as a bell-end.
Oh no, what will I do....this poster thinks me a rag. I couldn't give a toss if you thought me Mick fucking Hucknall to be honest.
So because I rate MDM and the likes of Nasty higher than your pet Mangala (as I believed if we needed any type of CB beside Komps it's a intelligent ball playing one) you throw a hissy baby fit...."oh boo hoo ....you a rag ...you a horrid, horrid wretched rag".
You really have a hard on for Mangala don't you.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:

Oh no, what will I do....this poster thinks me a rag. I couldn't give a toss if you thought me Mick fucking Hucknall to be honest.
So because I rate MDM and the likes of Nasty higher than your pet Mangala (as I believed if we needed any type of CB beside Komps it's a intelligent ball playing one) you throw a hissy baby fit...."oh boo hoo ....you a rag ...you a horrid, horrid wretched rag".

Couldn't give a fuck about Mangala either way

I just think you're a prize tool

Dax777 said:
Bruun said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Fuck Me

You ungrateful c**t

Some people right? I'm fucking amazed how easy it is to be clever in here in retrospect! All those players were dubbed to help us out at the time, and was players we needed!
Yet the worst part is peoples obsession with Sanchez, it id amazing sometimes..
feel free to pull up the Mangala threads from the transfer section and check my comments. there is nothing I'm saying now that I didn't say then. I argued Sanchez and Fabregas should be our 2 main targets. I warned that a guy who couldn't oust, Varane, Kolcieny, or even Sahko ( and might have even fallen behind the dude at Barca's) shouldn't be our main target we spend most of our restricted money on. Especially in light of the fact that we didn't even have a weakness at the position. We had Komps, MDM, Nasty, and the Dutch kid. It's not like there was any rush to fill a hole.

None of what I'm saying now is a function of what Mangala has been since he got here. It was simply a function of our circumstances in the summer. We simply were not in need of a CB. I mean if we weren't being restricted, and there was a valuable up and coming CB, sure! But that wasn't the case. We had just won the league, and it was imperative to not repeat the idiotic transfer policy that occurred after our previous title.
Sadly we followed a similar toured logic of making minor improvements to the squad. As opposed to making major improvements to the starting 11.

I can't reme how often I stated most of the Mangala fanboys would be shocked when he finds it hard to bench MDM. And my prediction has pretty much been proven. Too many underrated MDM and thought Mangala was gonna immediately take over. I simplt didn't see it.

This summer was a colossal blunder. Mangala, Fernando, the keeper? All poor de ions. We only had 2 good signings: the free ones.

So you honestly think that you would have been fine with a quartet of: Kompany, Demichelis, Nastasic and Rekik?

Kompany as we know tends to get injured quite easily, Demichelis is 34 years old and probably can't play every game at top level, Nastasic was frozen out as Pellegrini clearly do not rate him, in the current system that we play, and Rekik being so unproven, that it wouldn't make sense to play him at that point?

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

Couldn't give a fuck about Mangala either way

I just think you're a prize tool
Couldn't give a fuck, maybe one day I'll give you the opportunity to say it to my face sunshine.
Have you sat all morning waiting for a reply from me, are you that needy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.