Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lasereyes said:
mosssideblue said:
lasereyes said:
Your substance-free post there raises the question as to who the moaner is.

OK. I'll take the shit tomorrow as long as the players are given a day off.

It's feckin rediculous the amout of shit our players take from so called fans. Mangala hasn't played for a while, but no. his thread was somehow resurrected and the shit flow commenced

I see as many posts praising or defending Mangala as knocking him. Isn't that what a forum should be? A spectrum of opinions? Mangala has had some good moments and some not so good. So not really surprising he's creating some polarized views?[/quote

I could accept that argument if we had just played and received appropiate comments, but when the lad hasn,t played for a while and it was over a week sinse someone last posted on it, dont you find it strange that out of the blue, he is back in the taking shit seat. Some so called fans just go looking to troll by calling out one of our team for no good reason.

lasereyes said:
Chelsea signed Zouma for 12m in Jan-2014. We signed Mangala in summer for 32m (and maybe more - not sure).

I havent seen much of Zouma, but he had a pretty good game last Sat.

Did we sign the wrong Frenchman?
Mangala was Mourinho's first choice centre-back, his board just wouldn't back him to the tune ours did.

They signed a brick wall, we signed a brick wall with technical ability to go with it.

Being a centre-back in our more progressive system is much tougher than being a centre-back in Mourinho's stand-and-stare system, when Mangala does complete his adaptation to us I have no doubts he will go on to be one of, if not the best centre-backs in the league.

leech said:
lasereyes said:
Chelsea signed Zouma for 12m in Jan-2014. We signed Mangala in summer for 32m (and maybe more - not sure).

Mangala was Mourinho's first choice centre-back, his board just wouldn't back him to the tune ours did.

They signed a brick wall, we signed a brick wall with technical ability to go with it.

Being a centre-back in our more progressive system is much tougher than being a centre-back in Mourinho's stand-and-stare system, when Mangala does complete his adaptation to us I have no doubts he will go on to be one of, if not the best centre-backs in the league.

Anyone doubting that should watch the Chelsea home game again and see how he totally bossed Costa. He's young and inexperienced and he will likely make mistakes along the way. But he has all the attributes to be one of the world's best IMHO.

leech said:

Agreed and then all we need is the other defenders in the squad to work out how to play in our defensive "system" and we will be sorted.

Chippy_boy said:
leech said:
lasereyes said:

Anyone doubting that should watch the Chelsea home game again and see how he totally bossed Costa. He's young and inexperienced and he will likely make mistakes along the way. But he has all the attributes to be one of the world's best IMHO.

He was brilliant in that game. I was incredibly impressed and excited. Has been a bit up and down since then, but I never make judgments based on a few games. If we did then Zabaleta for one would have been shipped out several years ago. And MDM would have been a walking corpse around about this time last year. One of the world's best? That's a big call IMO.

lasereyes said:
Chippy_boy said:
leech said:

He was brilliant in that game. I was incredibly impressed and excited. Has been a bit up and down since then, but I never make judgments based on a few games. If we did then Zabaleta for one would have been shipped out several years ago. And MDM would have been a walking corpse around about this time last year. One of the world's best? That's a big call IMO.

Ermmmm. Perhaps I overdid it with the praise. But he's surely going to improve and he already has some great qualities (not least he is lightening quick). I think he will become an excellent centre back by any standards and beyond that who knows.

Mangala is a beast! Exactly what we need alongside kompany as well as when kompany is not available. Of course he isn't already settled but he will prove sooner or later what he is capable of. Hope he gets games now and stays fit then he will show it.

Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:
No one else?

You mean apart from the other teams at the bidding table?
what teams? Please enlighten. Chelsea wad the only rumor, and they never put in a bid.and had we lost him we simply could have gotten Koulibally, Knoche, Sule, Jesus or my original cheap Suggestion over the summer Veltman. And they'd all be about the same level as Mangala. Better even we could have gone for an experienced guy like Hummels, or Miranda to hold the forth until one of the youth players step up.

Point being there is nothing fatal about not getting Mangala. I have no doubt that Koulibally and Jesus will be just as Good, and if Gimenez and Sule keep up there performances, they'd be even better. There is no shortage of young great CB. We didn't magically source out the best that was Must have.

And just for accuracy sake, Mangala is not so good on the ball. You should watch Jesus and Sule to see what young defenders who are good on the ball look like. Certainly not like Eliaquim, who is decent but labored on the ball.

Not for the first time you seem to be posting from an alternative realm or universe.

These centre halves you've listed who are better than Mangala, I'm curious why when Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, City, Liverpool, were desperately looking for centre halves last summer none of them went and signed these obvious talents.

Could it perhaps be that your perception of their abilities is based on something other than their actual performances. Otherwise I think it's fair to say that you should be applying for scouting jobs at top clubs because I know for a fact that the general consensus last summer was that there simply aren't any truly top centre half prospects in the world, hence the clubs i've listed all struggled to lock one down and we bought the most sought after one.

I do hope that Mangala becomes a top centre back for us over the next 10 years, consistency will always be the key for him

We need to find a way of getting him into the team as him and Kompany haven't played together enough this season. I like Demichelis but we need to start planning for the future without him, and providing we keep a settled back 4 with Clichy and Zabba, those 4 can form a formidable backline for the rest of the season

Hopefully he will play on Saturday and make up for the shocker he had in the reverse fixture

53.8mil euros was the actual fee?....wow!!!...Porto must be laughing all the way to the bank.......

<a class="postlink" href="http://themaineblues.com/2015/02/04/interview-with-the-times-james-ducker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://themaineblues.com/2015/02/04/int ... es-ducker/</a>

"I think Bony will offer them something different up front but I’m still struggling to understand how the club could pay €53.8 million euros for Mangala – and City have confirmed privately that was the actual fee. You don’t pay that sort of money for very raw potential, especially not when there was a talented left-footed centre-half four years Mangala’s junior on the books already. Is Mangala really that much better than Karim Rekik? I’m not so sure and would have liked to see Rekik given a go"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.